How to quickly merge adjacent rows with same data in Excel?
Merge adjacent rows of same data into one cell:
To merge multiple rows of same data into one cell, the Kutools for Excel's Merge Same Cells feature can help you to solve this job as quickly as you can.
Merge adjacent rows of same data with VBA code
Of course you can merge the same data with Merge & Center command, but if there are hundreds of cells need to be merged, this method will be time-consuming. So the following VBA code can help you merge the same data easily.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Modulewindow.
Dim Rng As Range, xCell As Range
Dim xRows As Integer
xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel"
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count
For Each Rng In WorkRng.Columns
For i = 1 To xRows - 1
For j = i + 1 To xRows
If Rng.Cells(i, 1).Value <> Rng.Cells(j, 1).Value Then
WorkRng.Parent.Range(Rng.Cells(i, 1), Rng.Cells(j - 1, 1)).Merge
i = j - 1
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
3. Then press the F5 key to run this code, a dialog is displayed on the screen for selecting a range to work with. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, the same data in column A will be merged together. See screenshot:
Merge adjacent rows of same data with Kutools for Excel
With the Merge same cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly merge the same values in multiple columns with one click.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can do as follows:
1. Select the columns that you want to merge the adjacent rows with same data.
2. Click Kutools > Range > Merge Same Cells, see screenshot:
3. And then the same data in the selected columns have been merged in one cell. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to unmerge theses merged cells at once, the Unmerge Cell feature can do you a favor as following screenshot shown:
Click to Download Kutools for Excel and free trial Now!
To know more about this, please visit this Merge Same Cells feature.
Demo:Merge same cells into one cell or unmerge to fill duplicate values:
Unmerge cells and fill with duplicate values in Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
- More than
300 powerful advanced features, designed for
1500 work scenarios, increasing productivity by
70%, give you more time to take care of family and enjoy life.
- No longer need memorizing formulas and VBA codes, give your brain a rest from now on.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes, Complicated and repeated operations can be done in seconds,
- Reduce thousands of keyboard & mouse operations every day, say goodbye to occupational diseases now.
- 110,000 highly effective people and 300+ world-renowned companies' choice.
- 60-day full features free trial. 60-day money back guarantees. 2 years of free upgrade and support.
- Office Tab is designed for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Other Office Applications: Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!