How to quickly merge adjacent rows with same data in Excel?
Supposing you have a worksheet with same data in the adjacent rows, and now you want to merge the same cells into one cell, so that the data looks neat and beautiful. How do you merge adjacent rows with same data quickly and conveniently? Today, I will introduce you some quick way to solve this problem.
Of course you can merge the same data with Merge & Center command, but if there are hundreds of cells need to be merged, this method will be time-consuming. So the following VBA code can help you merge the same data easily.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Modulewindow.
Sub MergeSameCell() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim Rng As Range, xCell As Range Dim xRows As Integer xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count For Each Rng In WorkRng.Columns For i = 1 To xRows - 1 For j = i + 1 To xRows If Rng.Cells(i, 1).Value <> Rng.Cells(j, 1).Value Then Exit For End If Next WorkRng.Parent.Range(Rng.Cells(i, 1), Rng.Cells(j - 1, 1)).Merge i = j - 1 Next Next Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press the F5 key to run this code, a dialog is displayed on the screen for selecting a range to work with. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, the same data in column A will be merged together. See screenshot:
With the Merge same cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly merge the same values in multiple columns with one click.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can do as follows:
1. Select the columns that you want to merge the adjacent rows with same data.
2. Click Kutools > Merge & Split > Merge Same Cells, see screenshot:
3. And then the same data in the selected columns have been merged in one cell. See screenshot:
To know more about this, please visit this Merge Same Cells feature.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!