how is it going to affect our logic anyway? I did remove that and could still able to get the same result!
Any specific purpose why it is present?
Supposing you have a worksheet with same data in the adjacent rows, and now you want to merge the same cells into one cell, so that the data looks neat and beautiful. (See left screenshot.) How do you merge adjacent rows with same data quickly and conveniently? Today, I will introduce you some quick way to solve this problem.
Merge adjacent rows of same data into one cell:
To merge multiple rows of same data into one cell, the Kutools for Excel's Merge Same Cells feature can help you to solve this job as quickly as you can.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
Of course you can merge the same data with Merge & Center command, but if there are hundreds of cells need to be merged, this method will be time-consuming. So the following VBA code can help you merge the same data easily.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Modulewindow.
Sub MergeSameCell() 'Updateby20131127 Dim Rng As Range, xCell As Range Dim xRows As Integer xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False xRows = WorkRng.Rows.Count For Each Rng In WorkRng.Columns For i = 1 To xRows - 1 For j = i + 1 To xRows If Rng.Cells(i, 1).Value <> Rng.Cells(j, 1).Value Then Exit For End If Next WorkRng.Parent.Range(Rng.Cells(i, 1), Rng.Cells(j - 1, 1)).Merge i = j - 1 Next Next Application.DisplayAlerts = True Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Then press the F5 key to run this code, a dialog is displayed on the screen for selecting a range to work with. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK, the same data in column A will be merged together. See screenshot:
With the Merge same cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly merge the same values in multiple columns with one click.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can do as follows:
1. Select the columns that you want to merge the adjacent rows with same data.
2. Click Kutools > Range > Merge Same Cells, see screenshot:
3. And then the same data in the selected columns have been merged in one cell. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to unmerge theses merged cells at once, the Unmerge Cell feature can do you a favor as following screenshot shown:
To know more about this, please visit this Merge Same Cells feature.
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful: