How to change uppercase to proper or title case in Microsoft Excel?
Sometime you may need to change uppercase letters to title case or proper case. And this article will guide you to change all uppercase letters or text strings to proper case or title case in Microsoft Excel.
Classic Menu for Office: brings back classic menus to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: brings tabbed interface to Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Supposing you have to change the uppercase letters in A1:A10 to proper case in Microsoft Excel.
Microsoft Excel's Proper function can change any text to proper cases. Please do as this:
1. In the adjacent blank cell B1, enter this formula: = PROPER (A1), see screenshot:
2. Then press Enter key, select cell B1, and drag the fill handle over the range that you want to contain this formula. And all of the upper case text has been converted to the proper case. See screenshot:
Note: As they are formulas, when you copy and paste them, you need paste them as values.
1. Active the worksheet that you want to use.
2. Then click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed (or you can press the shortcut keys Alt + F11 to open the window), then click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
Sub ProperCase() 'Updateby20131127 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(Rng.Value) Next End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code, then a dialog is displayed for you to select a range, see screenshot:
4. Click OK and all of the upper case letters have been changed to proper cases.
The Change Case tool of Kutools for Excel can help you easily change the text or letters to any kinds of cases. So does the proper/title case in selections.
1. Select the range which you will change uppercases to proper/title cases.
2. Click the Kutools > Text Tools > Change Case…. See screenshot:
3. In Change Case dialog box, check the Proper Case option, and you can preview the results at the Preview Pane. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK or Apply. And all uppercase in the selection are changed to proper/title case.
Note: This utility of Proper Case cannot only change uppercase to title case, but also can change all case in the selection to title case.
- Change text strings to sentence case
- Change text strings to uppercases
- Change uppercase to lowercase
- Change case of text