How to display or hide Row & Column Headers in Microsoft Excel?
By default, we can locate cells through worksheets with column heading at the top and row heading at the left. Sometimes, you may want to hide these headings. This article will talk about some tips for displaying or hiding headings in Microsoft Excel.
Kutools for Excel’s Work Area utility can maximize the working area and hide the whole Ribbon Bar/Formula Bar/Status Bar with just one click. And it also supports one click to restore hidden Ribbon Bar/Formula Bar/Status Bar.
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
If you want to display or hide the Row headings and Column headings in the active worksheet, you can do as follows:
Go to the Show group on the View tab, and uncheck the Headings option to hide the Row & Column headings, while check the Headings option to display the headings. See screenshot:
In our example, we uncheck the Headings option on the View tab, and both row heading and column heading are hidden. See screenshot:
Note: You can also click File (Office Button) > Options > Advanced, and then check or uncheck the Show row and column headers option to display/hide the both row heading and column heading. See screenshot:
The above method can only display/hide the Row & Column headings in one worksheet at a time. But sometimes, you need to display/hide the Row & Column headings in all worksheets. Display/hide the headings in each worksheet one by one? No, that's too tedious! Here I will introduce Kutools for Excel's View Options utility to batch display/hide the Row & Column headings in all worksheets together.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options.
2. In the opening View Options dialog box, please uncheck the Rows & column headers option to hide the headings, and then click the Apply to all sheets button and Ok button successively. See screenshot:
(1) For displaying the Row & column headings, please check the Rows & column headers option;
(2) For only displaying/hiding the Row & column heading in active worksheet, please do not click the Apply to All sheets button.
The View Options utility of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scroll bar, Horizontal Scroll bar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these settings when you need to show or hide them. Click to know more Free Download Kutools for Excel Now
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...