How to display or hide Row & Column Headers in Microsoft Excel?
By default, we can locate cells through worksheets with column heading at the top and row heading at the left. Sometimes, you may want to hide these headings. This article will talk about some tips for displaying or hiding headings in Microsoft Excel.
| || |
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
With this method, you can quickly hide and display the Row & Column headings of the current worksheet. Do as follows:
1. Click View tab in the ribbon, and go to the Show group.
2. Then you will see the Headings option, check the Headings option to show Row & Column headings or uncheck it to hide the headings. See screenshots:
With this Excel Options function, you can also display or hide Row & Column headings of a selected worksheet.
1. In Excel 2010/2013, click File button, or in Excel 2007, please click button.
2. Then click Options button, and in Excel Options dialog box, go to the Advanced category.
3. Scroll down to the Display options for this worksheet section. You can click the drop down list to choose the worksheet that you want to use. And then check or uncheck the Show row and column headers option according to your needs. See screenshot:
With the above two methods, you can only hide or display the headings for one worksheet, but if you want to show or hide the headings of all worksheets at once, how could you do?
With Kutools for Excel’s Toggle Settings tool, you can quickly show or hide the headings of active worksheet or all worksheets.
1. Click Kutools > Show/Hide > Toggle Settings, see screenshot:
2. In the Toggle Settings dialog box, check or uncheck the Row & Column Headers option, if you check it, it will display the row and column headings immediately in active worksheet, and vice versa. And if you want to apply this operation to all worksheets, you can click Apply to all sheets button. See screenshot:
The Toggle Settings of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scroll bar, Horizontal Scroll bar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these settings when you need to show or hide them. Click to know more…
- Show or hide formula bar
- Display Selection Pane
- Display or hide status bar
- Display or hide sheet tabs
- Show or hide Horizontal/Vertical scroll bar
- Show & hide gridlines
- Hide page breaks
- Display or hide zero values in cells of Microsoft Excel
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...