How to change negative number to zero in Excel?
The left example may be easier to understand: there are some negative numbers in a range of cells, and I will guide you to change all negative numbers to zeros at once in the selection.
|Several clicks to change all negative numbers to zeros (or change sign of values) in selection in Excel|
|Kutools for Excel's Change Sign of Values utility helps you easily change all negative numbers to zeros in selection in Excel. And you can quickly change the sign of values as you need with this utility. See screenshot:|
Recommended Productivity SoftwareOffice Tab: Use tabbed interface in Office as the use of web browser Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: Adds 120 powerful new features to Excel. Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Brings back your familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
The Microsoft Excel's IF function can recognize negative numbers and change them to zero without affect positive numbers.
Step1: In a blank cell, says the Cell E1, input the formula =IF(A1<0,0,a1), see screenshot:
Step2:Then press Enter key, and drag the fill handle across to the range that you want to contain this formula. And all negative numbers have been changed to zeros. See screenshots:
Step3: As they are formulas, when you copy them to other cells, please paste as values.
Note: This way will fill the blank cells with zero, too.
Actually, we can format a selection and show all negative numbers as zeros. You can do it with following steps:
Step1: Select the range that you will work with.
Step2: Right click the selection, and select the Format Cells item from the context menu.
Step3: In the Format Cells dialog box:
- Click Number tab;
- Select the Custom in the category box;
- In theType: box, enter the #,##0;"0" , see the following screenshot:
Step4: Click OK button. Then all negative numbers in the selection display as zeros.
Note: This way only shows the negative numbers as zero, but not change the value of negative numbers.
The Change sign of values utility of Kutools for Excel helps you easily change the negative numbers to zeros with several clicks.
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range with the negative numbers you need to change to zeros, and then click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values, see screenshot:
2. In the popping up Change Sign of Values dialog box, select the Change all negative value to zero option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all negative values in selected range are changed to zeros immediately as below screenshot shown.
|If this utility is helpful, you can download and try the free trial now!|
- Change negative numbers to positive
- Change positive numbers to negative
- Reverse signs of values in cells
- Fix trailing negative signs in cells
- Select cells based on certain criteria
- Select cells with specific text
- Select all negative numbers in Excel
Is your problem solved?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 120 powerful new functions for Excel, Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Save two hours every day!
Classic Menu for Office: Bring back familiar menus to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 365, as if it were Office 2000 and 2003.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
More than 120 powerful advanced functions which designed for Excel:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...