How to change negative number to zero in Excel?
Says you import some data to Microsoft Excel with many negative numbers, you have to remove all negative numbers and replace them with zero. Of course, you can manually deal with it one by one if you are patient enough. Most of us may think of tricky ways. Actually there are some easy tips to change negative number to zero conveniently in Excel.
The left example may be easier to understand: there are some negative numbers in a range of cells, and I will guide you to change all negative numbers to zeros at once in the selection.
|Several clicks to change all negative numbers to zeros (or change sign of values) in selection in Excel|
Kutools for Excel's Change Sign of Values utility helps you easily change all negative numbers to zeros in selection in Excel. And you can quickly change the sign of values as you need with this utility. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
The Microsoft Excel's IF function can recognize negative numbers and change them to zero without affect positive numbers.
Step1: In a blank cell, says the Cell E1, input the formula =IF(A1<0,0,a1), see screenshot:
Step2:Then press Enter key, and drag the fill handle across to the range that you want to contain this formula. And all negative numbers have been changed to zeros. See screenshots:
Step3: As they are formulas, when you copy them to other cells, please paste as values.
Note: This way will fill the blank cells with zero, too.
Actually, we can format a selection and show all negative numbers as zeros. You can do it with following steps:
Step1: Select the range that you will work with.
Step2: Right click the selection, and select the Format Cells item from the context menu.
Step3: In the Format Cells dialog box:
- Click Number tab;
- Select the Custom in the category box;
- In theType: box, enter the #,##0;"0" , see the following screenshot:
Step4: Click OK button. Then all negative numbers in the selection display as zeros.
Note: This way only shows the negative numbers as zero, but not change the value of negative numbers.
The Change sign of values utility of Kutools for Excel helps you easily change the negative numbers to zeros with several clicks.
1. Select the range with the negative numbers you need to change to zeros, and then click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values, see screenshot:
2. In the popping up Change Sign of Values dialog box, select the Change all negative value to zero option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all negative values in selected range are changed to zeros immediately as below screenshot shown.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
- Change negative numbers to positive
- Change positive numbers to negative
- Reverse signs of values in cells
- Fix trailing negative signs in cells
- Select cells based on certain criteria
- Select cells with specific text
- Select all negative numbers in Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...