How to display Selection Pane in Microsoft Excel?
Using Selection Pane is very easy and quick to show or hide pictures and other objects, and sorting them as well. This article focuses on some tips on how to display Selection Pane in Microsoft Excel 2007/2010.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10. Read more...
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Classic Menus and Toolbars of Office 2003/XP/2000 Back to Office 2007, 2010 and 2013. Read more...
- Method 1: Selection Pane command in Excel 2007/2010 Ribbon
- Method 2: Display Selection Pane with Kutools for Excel
The Selection Pane command is not in the main tabs, and you can't find out it until active the Drawing Tools in Excel 2007/2010 Ribbon.
- Step 1: Select any picture or object to active the Drawing Tools in Excel 2007/2010 Ribbon.
- Step 2: Click the Format tab.
- Step 3: Click the Selection Pane button in the Arrange group, and it displays the Selection and Visibility Pane on the right side of the worksheet. See screen shot (Fig.1).
Fig. 1 : Selection Pane in Ribbon
You can close the Selection and Visibility pane by clicking the x button at top-right corner of this pane.
Kutools for Excel's Toggle Settings tool will help you quickly display the Selection Pane conveniently.
Step 1: Click the Kutools >> Toggle Settings. See screen shot (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2 : Toggle Settings
Step 2: In the Toggle Settings dialog box, check the Selection Pane option. See screen shot (Fig. 3).
Fig. 3 : Toggle Settings dialog box
The Toggle Settings of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scroll Bar, Horizontal Scrollbar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these settings when you need to show or hide them. Click to know more…
Kutools for Excel includes more than 80 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.