How to show or hide Horizontal & Vertical scroll bar in Microsoft Excel?
We can scroll through the active worksheet with horizontal scroll bar at the bottom and vertical scroll bar at the right side by default. Here we will show you some tips to turn on or off the scroll bars in the Microsoft Excel worksheets.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Back Old Look to Office 2010 and 2013 (includes Office 365).
Office Tab: Bring Tabbed Editing and Browsing Features to Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8/9/10.
|Display the Horizontal/Vertical Scroll bar|
|Hide the Horizontal/Vertical Scroll bar|
You have to configure Excel 2007/2010/2013's settings in Excel Options dialog box, if want to display or hide Horizontal/Vertical Scroll bar in Excel worksheets.
- Step 1: Click the Filetab in Excel 2010/2013, or click the button in Excel 2007;
- Step 2: Click the Options button;
- Step 3: In the Excel Options dialog box, go to the Advanced category;
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Display options for this workbook section;
- Step 5: Checked or unchecked the Show Horizontal Scroll bar option and Show Vertical Scroll bar option according to your needs. See screenshot:
- Step 6: Click OK. And you will get the result that you want. If you check them, the horizontal/vertical scroll bar will display, if you uncheck them, the horizontal/vertical scroll bar will hide.
The following VBA code also can help you show or hide the horizontal/vertical scroll bar. Please do as this:
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window:
VBA code to hide the horizontal and vertical scroll bar:
Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
VBA code to show the horizontal and vertical scroll bar:
Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this code. And the horizontal and vertical scroll bar will be hidden or shown.
If you have Kutools for Excelinstalled, you can easily display or hide Horizontal/Vertical Scroll bar in Excel worksheets with its View Options tool.
Step 1: Click the Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
Step 2: In View Options dialog box, check or unchecked the Vertical Scrollbar option and Horizontal Scrollbar option according to your needs. See screenshot:
The View Options of Kutools for Excel makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scroll bar, Horizontal Scroll bar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them. Click to know more…
- Show or hide formula bar
- Display or hide row & column headers
- Display Selection Pane
- Display or hide status bar
- Display or hide sheet tabs
- Show & hide gridlines
- Hide page breaks
- Display or hide zero values in cells of Microsoft Excel