- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSame here - box ticked and no horizontal scroll bar
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years ago[quote name="Matt"]Box is checked but Horz. Scroll Bar is not available.[/quote]
I have the same problem as Matt - the box is ticked but the scroll bar still isn't visible.
How to show or hide Horizontal & Vertical scroll bar in Microsoft Excel?
We can scroll through the active worksheet with horizontal scroll bar at the bottom and vertical scroll bar at the right side by default. Here we will show you some tips to turn on or off the scroll bars in the Microsoft Excel worksheets.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You have to configure Excel settings in Excel Options dialog box, if want to display or hide Horizontal/Vertical Scroll bar in Excel worksheets.
- Step 1: Click the File tab in Excel 2010 or higher version, or click the button in Excel 2007;
- Step 2: Click the Options button;
- Step 3: In the Excel Options dialog box, go to the Advanced category;
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Display options for this workbook section;
- Step 5: Checked or unchecked the Show Horizontal Scroll bar option and Show Vertical Scroll bar option according to your needs. See screenshot:
- Step 6: Click OK. And you will get the result that you want. If you check them, the horizontal/vertical scroll bar will display, if you uncheck them, the horizontal/vertical scroll bar will hide.
The following VBA code also can help you show or hide the horizontal/vertical scroll bar. Please do as this:
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window:
VBA code to hide the horizontal and vertical scroll bar:
Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
VBA code to show the horizontal and vertical scroll bar:
Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this code. And the horizontal and vertical scroll bar will be hidden or shown.
You can easily display or hide Horizontal/Vertical Scroll bar in Excel worksheets with the View Options utility of Kutools for Excel.
1: Click the Kutools > Show / Hide > View Options. See screenshot:
2: In View Options dialog box, you need to do as follows:
(1) check or unchecked the Vertical Scrollbar option and Horizontal Scrollbar option according to your needs
(2) If you just want to show or hide the scrollbar in current worksheet, please click the OK button. But if you want to show or hide the scroolbar in all sheets, please click the Apply to all sheets button
The View Options makes it possible to show or hide most of Microsoft Excel settings quickly, such as Inner Tabs, Formula Bar, Status Bar, Windows in Taskbar, Gridlines, Page Breaks, Display Zeros, Vertical Scroll bar, Horizontal Scroll bar, Sheet Tab, … etc. It will save your time in looking for these setting when you need to show or hide them.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- Show or hide formula bar
- Display or hide row & column headers
- Display Selection Pane
- Display or hide status bar
- Display or hide sheet tabs
- Show & hide gridlines
- Hide page breaks
- Display or hide zero values in cells of Microsoft Excel
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoBox is checked but Horz. Scroll Bar is not available.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI have vertical and horizontal scroll lines. I can see the vertical scroll line. I can only see the top of the horizontal scroll line.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you very much for the useful information I can use to help my fellow teacher asking me how to make scroll tool appear in ms excel 2007.It is so graphic and clear.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoBless you! I've been so frustrated trying to get the scroll bars to show. YAY!