How to quickly convert mm/dd/yyyy date format to yyyymmdd in Excel?
In Excel working, you might converted the date in yyyymmdd format to standard date format mm/dd/yyyy before, but have you ever tried to convert the date format mm/dd/yyyy back to the date string yyyymmdd as below screenshot shown? In this article, I will introduce the tricks on converting mm/dd/yyyy date format to yyyymmdd.
To convert date format as you need, the Format Cells feature must be the first choice.
1. Select the dates you want to convert to yyyymmdd, and right click to show context menu, and choose Format Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, under Number tab, select Custom from Category list, and type yyyymmdd into the textbox of Type in right section. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. Now the dates have been converted to date string. See screenshot:
You also can use a formula to convert the date forma mm/dd/yyyy to a string yyyymmdd as text.
Select a blank cell that you want to place the converted date string, and type this formula =TEXT(A1,"yyyymmdd"), drag auto fill handle down to apply this formula to cells. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1 is the date you use to convert, you can change it to meet your actual need.
Easily add days/years/month/hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
|Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, and now you need to add a number of days, years, months, hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s Date & Time Helper utility, you can easily add days, years, months, or hours, minutes or seconds to a date time, moreover, you can caculate the date difference, or the age based on a given birthday without remembering the formula at all. Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 24 days agouseful! thank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agothank you ! :)