What to do Know?
How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
For instance, you get a range of various birthdate data in Excel, and you need to convert these birthdate to display their exact age value in Excel, how would you like to figure out? This article lists some tips to convert the birth date to age in Excel easily.
The Calculate age based on birthday function of Kutools for Excel can help you quickly convert birthdate to age with only several clicks. Download the full feature 60-day free trail of Kutools for Excel now! See the below demo:
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Method A: Convert birthdate to age with subtraction
Normally we figure out someone's age with current date subtracting the given birth date. So does it in Excel.
Step 1: Enter current date in a blank cell, such as 2016/4/7 in Cell B2.
Step 2: In another blank cell (says cell C2), enter the formula =INT((B2-A2)/365), and press the Enter key.
Method B: Convert birthdate to age with DATEDIF function
Some would like to apply the DATEDIF function to calculate the age. Enter the formula =DATEDIF(A2,NOW(),"y") in a blank cell, it calculates the age immediately after pressing the Enter key.
Method C: Convert birthdate to age with ROUNDDOWN function
Another function to convert the birth date to age is =ROUNDDOWN(YEARFRAC(A2, TODAY(), 1), 0), which will figure out a standard age, such as 27.
Method D: Convert birthdate to exact age with DATEDIF function
Sometimes exact age is requires, and you may want to know how many years, months, and days from the birth date to current date. The following formula can help you figure out:
=DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"YM") & " Months, " & DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"MD") & " Days"
See the screen shot above, this formula will show you precise result, such as 23 Years, 8 Months, and 14 Days.
You can easily convert birthdate to age without remembering formulas with the Calculate age based on birthday function of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the age. Then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Calculate age based on birthday. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cell with the birth date you need to calculate in Date box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. After clicking OK in the Formula Helper dialog box, the age based on the birth date is populated in selected blank cell immediately. You can drag the Fill Handle to the cells you need to convert the birthdate to age. See screenshot:
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoDo not show the Detedif Formula in my Excel
What to do Know?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoif I have their id number how to get their age example their id no consist first 6digit is date of birth
example 830901056252 , 830901 is date of birth.
how to take calculate their age
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks soooooo much dear....!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoLeap years! 365.25
- ← Previous
- Next →