How to convert birthdate to age quickly in Excel?
For instance, you get a range of various birthdate data in Excel, and you need to convert these birthdate to display their exact age value in Excel, how would you like to figure out? This article lists some tips to convert the birth date to age in Excel easily.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Method A: Convert birthdate to age with subtraction
Normally we figure out someone's age with current date subtracting the given birth date. So does it in Excel.
Step 1: Enter current date in a blank cell, such as 2016/4/7 in Cell B2.
Step 2: In another blank cell (says cell C2), enter the formula =INT((B2-A2)/365), and press the Enter key.
Method B: Convert birthdate to age with DATEDIF function
Some would like to apply the DATEDIF function to calculate the age. Enter the formula =DATEDIF(A2,NOW(),"y") in a blank cell, it calculates the age immediately after pressing the Enter key.
Method C: Convert birthdate to age with ROUNDDOWN function
Another function to convert the birth date to age is =ROUNDDOWN(YEARFRAC(A2, TODAY(), 1), 0), which will figure out a standard age, such as 27.
Method D: Convert birthdate to exact age with DATEDIF function
Sometimes exact age is requires, and you may want to know how many years, months, and days from the birth date to current date. The following formula can help you figure out:
=DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"Y") & " Years, " & DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"YM") & " Months, " & DATEDIF(A2,TODAY(),"MD") & " Days"
See the screen shot above, this formula will show you precise result, such as 23 Years, 8 Months, and 14 Days.
|Formula is too complicated to remember? The Auto Text feature of Kutools for Excel can save the formula as an Auto Text entry for reusing with only one click in future! |
Read More... or Download the free trail now!
You can easily convert birthdate to age without remembering formulas with the Calculate age based on birthday function of Kutools for Excel.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the age. Then click Kutools > Formula Helper > Calculate age based on birthday. See screenshot:
2. In the Formula Helper dialog box, select the cell with the birth date you need to calculate in Date box, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. After clicking OK in the Formula Helper dialog box, the age based on the birth date is populated in selected blank cell immediately. You can drag the Fill Handle to the cells you need to convert the birthdate to age. See screenshot:
|If this utility saves your time, you can download and try the free trial now!|
You may interest in:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...