How to remove address books in Outlook?
When composing emails, meetings, we can easily add recipients from the Address Book. Sometimes, the address books may be too many or out of date, and make it not easy to find out proper contact. Therefore, some Outlook users think of removing some address books. In this article, I will show you two methods to remove address books from Microsoft Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
We can find out all address books in the Account Settings dialog box, and then remove them easily. And you can do it as following:
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box with:
- Clicking the Tools > Account Settings in Outlook 2007.
- Clicking the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, click the Address Books tab, select an address book, and then click the Change button.
Step 3: In the popping up Microsoft Outlook Address Book dialog box, click to select the address book from the Outlook Address (Books) box, and then click the Remove Address Book button.
Step 4: Click two Close buttons to exit both dialog boxes.
Step 5: Restart your Microsoft Outlook.
Apart from configuring account settings, we can also change a contact folder’s properties, and remove this contact folder from Address Book easily.
Step 1: Shift to the People view (or Contact view), and right click the contact folder that you will remove from Address book, and then select the Properties from the right-clicking menu.
Step 2: In the coming (Folder name) properties dialog box, click the Outlook Address Book tab, and uncheck the option of Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book.
Step 3: Click the OK button to close the dialog box.
After configuring, you will see the specified contact folder has been removed from the Address Book already.
Note: Both methods we introduced above will remove the contact folders from Address Book dialog box, but won’t remove the contact folders from your Microsoft Outlook.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.