How to set the default start date as today when creating new task in Outlook?
When we create a new task in Outlook, the task with “Start Date” is displayed with “None” by default as following screenshot shown. But, sometimes, you need to set today as its Start date frequently, so, you have to select the date in “Start date” field manually each time. Is there any quick way to set the default start date as today automatically when creating a new task in Outlook?
May be there is no other good way to deal with this task in Outlook directly, here, I will introduce a VBA code to solve it. Please do with following steps:
1. Launch the Outlook, and then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Set default start date as today:
Public WithEvents xInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors Public WithEvents xTaskItem As Outlook.TaskItem Private Sub Application_Startup() Set xInspectors = Outlook.Inspectors End Sub Private Sub xInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector) If Not (TypeOf Inspector.CurrentItem Is TaskItem) Then Exit Sub Set xTaskItem = Inspector.CurrentItem End Sub Private Sub xTaskItem_Open(Cancel As Boolean) If (Len(xTaskItem.Subject) = 0 And Len(xTaskItem.Body) = 0) And (xTaskItem.StartDate = #1/1/4501# And xTaskItem.DueDate = #1/1/4501#) Then xTaskItem.StartDate = Now End If End Sub
3. After inserting the code, then put the cursor at the second code section, and press F5 key to run this code, see screenshot:
4. Since then, when you create a new task each time, Outlook will auto set the start date and end date to the current date by default as following screenshot shown:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.