How to set the default start date as today when creating new task in Outlook?
When we create a new task in Outlook, the task with “Start Date” is displayed with “None” by default as following screenshot shown. But, sometimes, you need to set today as its Start date frequently, so, you have to select the date in “Start date” field manually each time. Is there any quick way to set the default start date as today automatically when creating a new task in Outlook?
May be there is no other good way to deal with this task in Outlook directly, here, I will introduce a VBA code to solve it. Please do with following steps:
1. Launch the Outlook, and then hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Set default start date as today:
Public WithEvents xInspectors As Outlook.Inspectors Public WithEvents xTaskItem As Outlook.TaskItem Private Sub Application_Startup() Set xInspectors = Outlook.Inspectors End Sub Private Sub xInspectors_NewInspector(ByVal Inspector As Inspector) If Not (TypeOf Inspector.CurrentItem Is TaskItem) Then Exit Sub Set xTaskItem = Inspector.CurrentItem End Sub Private Sub xTaskItem_Open(Cancel As Boolean) If (Len(xTaskItem.Subject) = 0 And Len(xTaskItem.Body) = 0) And (xTaskItem.StartDate = #1/1/4501# And xTaskItem.DueDate = #1/1/4501#) Then xTaskItem.StartDate = Now End If End Sub
3. After inserting the code, then put the cursor at the second code section, and press F5 key to run this code, see screenshot:
4. Since then, when you create a new task each time, Outlook will auto set the start date and end date to the current date by default as following screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.