How to compare contacts and remove or merge duplicates in Outlook?
General, there are multiple contacts in Outlook, and sometimes you may want to compare the contacts and then remove or merge the duplicates in a folder in Outlook. But to compare the contacts one by one is time-wasted, here I introduce a trick on solving this job quickly in Outlook.
In Outlook，there is no built-in function to compare contacts in one folder, but the Duplicate Contacts utility of Kutools for Outlook can quickly handle this job.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes
100powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Click Kutools >Duplicate Contacts.
2. In Duplicate Contacts dialog, select the contact folder you use in the Please select contacts folder(s) section, and click Next.
3. In Duplicate Contacts-Settings dialog, check the criteria you want to use to compare contacts in the Please select Contacts fields for duplicate comparison list box.
4. Click Next, and check Delete (Move to the “Deleted Items” Folder) option or other options as you need.
5. Click Next, then in Back Up section, choose back up or no backup as you need, then check Default or other options as you need in Result information section.
6. Click Next，if you check the Prompt to back up option, you need to click Yes and select a folder to backup the contacts.(If you check the No backup option, ignore this step)
7. Click OK, and then all duplicate contacts in the selected folder are listed in Result box.
8. Click Execute. The duplicate ones have been removed.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.