How to compare contacts and remove or merge duplicates in Outlook?
General, there are multiple contacts in Outlook, and sometimes you may want to compare the contacts and then remove or merge the duplicates in a folder in Outlook. But to compare the contacts one by one is time-wasted, here I introduce a trick on solving this job quickly in Outlook.
remove all duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders in outlook
|In sometimes, we may repeatly add the same contacts, how can remove the duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders? Kutools for Outlook's Duplicate Contacts function can quickly remove or merge duplicate contacts based on emails, full name or other criteria from one or more contacts folders . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook，there is no built-in function to compare contacts in one folder, but the Duplicate Contacts utility of Kutools for Outlook can quickly handle this job.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes 20+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Click Kutools >Duplicate Contacts.
2. In Duplicate Contacts dialog, select the contact folder you use in the Please select contacts folder(s) section, and click Next.
3. In Duplicate Contacts-Settings dialog, check the criteria you want to use to compare contacts in the Please select Contacts fields for duplicate comparison list box.
4. Click Next, and check Delete (Move to the “Deleted Items” Folder) option or other options as you need.
5. Click Next, then in Back Up section, choose back up or no backup as you need, then check Default or other options as you need in Result information section.
6. Click Next，if you check the Prompt to back up option, you need to click Yes and select a folder to backup the contacts.(If you check the No backup option, ignore this step)
7. Click OK, and then all duplicate contacts in the selected folder are listed in Result box.
8. Click Execute. The duplicate ones have been removed.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.