How to auto add default text to the subject line in Outlook?
Is there a way to automatically add default text in a subject when you create a new email in Outlook? This article, I will talk about some useful ways for you to solve this job in Outlook.
To add default text into the subject line automatically, please apply the following VBA code.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto add default text to subject line:
Public xFlag As Boolean Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim xText As String On Error Resume Next If xFlag = False Then xText = "Skyyang-" If InStr(Item.Subject, xText) = False Then L1: xText = InputBox("Input Suject", "Kutools for Outlook", xText) If xText = "" Then xFlag = False Cancel = True Exit Sub End If Item.Subject = xText & " " & Item.Subject xFlag = True Cancel = True End If Else xFlag = False xText = "Skyyang-" If InStr(Item.Subject, xText) = False Then GoTo L1 End If End If End Sub
Note: In this code, the text “Skyyang-” is the text that you want to add into the subject as default, please change it to your own.
3. Then save and close the code window, now, create a new email, type the recipient into the To field, and enter the subject text into the Subject line, then click Send button, a prompt box will pop out to remind you adding this default text into the subject line, see screenshot:
4. And then click OK button, and the specified text has been add before the subject content, see screenshot:
Here is an easy method also can help you to add default text to subject line. With Kutools for Outlook utility, you can quickly finish this task.
|Kutools for Outlook : with more than 100 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Outlook, please do as this:
1. Launch the Outlook, and then click Kutools > Options, see screenshot:
2. In the Options dialog box, click New tab, then check Add date into subject when creating new email option, and then enter the default text that you want to display in the subject line automatically, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, now, when you create a new email, your specified default text has been inserted into the subject line automatically as following screenshot shown:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.