How to prevent sending attachments to CC and BCC recipients when composing email in Outlook?
As we all known, all recipients in “To”, “CC” or “BCC” fields, will get the attachments when sending emails with attachments. However, some users want to send the attachments to the “To” recipients only, with the “CC” and “BCC” recipients just getting the message without the attachments. How could you solve this job in Outlook?
In fact, Outlook does not offer an option for dealing with this task, but, the following VBA code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Prevent sending attachments to CC and BCC recipients:
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim xMailItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim xNewMail As Outlook.MailItem If Item.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub Set xMailItem = Item Set xNewMail = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olMailItem) With xNewMail .CC = xMailItem.CC .BCC = xMailItem.BCC .Subject = xMailItem.Subject .HTMLBody = xMailItem.HTMLBody .Send End With xMailItem.CC = "" xMailItem.BCC = "" End Sub
3. Then save and close the code window.
4. From now on, when sending an email with attachments, only the recipients in To field can receive the attachments, and the recipients in CC and BCC can only get the message without attachments.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.