How to delay the sending meeting invitation in Outlook?
Normally, you can apply the Delay Delivery feature for sending a message at a specific time instead of right now. But, sometimes, you want to delay a sending meeting invitation like an email. How could you send a meeting invitation at the desired time as you need in Outlook?
May be, there is no direct way for delaying a meeting invitation in outlook, but, the below VBA code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. First, you should create a new task. In the new Task window:
(1.) Specify the subject, start date, end date for the meeting;
(2.) Set a reminder date and time when you want to send the meeting invitation;
(3.) Type the meeting message as you need.
2. After creating the task, please click Save & Close option to close this window.
3. Then, hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the following code into the blank module.
VBA code: Delay a sending meeting invitation:
Private Sub Application_Reminder(ByVal Item As Object) Dim xTaskItem As TaskItem Dim xAppointmentItem As AppointmentItem Dim xRcpArr() As String If (Item.Class <> olTask) Or (LCase(Item.Subject) <> "Meeting test") Then Exit Sub End If Set xTaskItem = Item xRcpArr = VBA.Split(",,", ",") Set xAppointmentItem = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With xAppointmentItem .MeetingStatus = olMeeting For i = 0 To UBound(xRcpArr) .Recipients.Add (xRcpArr(i)) Next .Subject = xTaskItem.Subject .Location = "Office room 1002" .Start = xTaskItem.StartDate + #2:00:00 PM# .Body = xTaskItem.Body .Duration = 120 .ReminderSet = True .ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 20 .Save .Send End With xTaskItem.MarkComplete Set xTaskItem = Nothing End Sub
Note: In the above code: Meeting test is the subject that you created for the meeting in step 1; and, you should change the information of recipient addresses, meeting location, start time and meeting duration to your own.
5. Save and close the code, then restart the Outlook to make this code take effect.
6. From now on, when the task item reminder pops up at the specific time you set, Outlook will send out the meeting invitation automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.