How to classify the emails by month in Outlook?
If there are lots of emails in your Inbox, to make the mailbox look neat and well-organized, you can store or archive them into different folders based on the specific month of the emails’ received time as below screenshot shown. Normally, you can create the folders manually and then move them one by one. Obviously, this approach will be time-consuming and troublesome. In this article, I will talk about a VBA code for solving this task quickly and easily.
To move the emails to different folders based on month, please apply the below VBA code:
1. Click to select the Inbox folder that you want to classify the emails.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Classify the emails based on month
Sub ClassifyEmailsbyMonth() 'Updateby ExtendOffice Dim xCurFolder As Folder Dim xMoveFolder As Folder Dim xMail As MailItem Dim I As Long Dim xYear As String, xMonth As String On Error Resume Next Set xCurFolder = Application.ActiveExplorer.CurrentFolder For I = xCurFolder.Items.Count To 1 Step -1 DoEvents If xCurFolder.Items.Item(I).Class = olMail Then Set xMail = xCurFolder.Items.Item(I) xYear = Year(xMail.ReceivedTime) xMonth = Month(xMail.ReceivedTime) Set xMoveFolder = Nothing Set xMoveFolder = xCurFolder.Folders(xYear & "." & xMonth) If xMoveFolder Is Nothing Then Set xMoveFolder = xCurFolder.Folders.Add(xYear & "." & xMonth) End If xMail.Move xMoveFolder End If Next Set xMoveFolder = Nothing Set xCurFolder = Nothing End Sub
4. Then, press F5 key to execute this code, and all the emails in the selected Inbox folder are classified by specific month of the emails’ received time, see screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.