Quickly delete or move duplicate contacts in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
When you importing contacts into Outlook from an excel spreadsheet or other applications, the duplicate contacts may have been created in your contacts folder. To delete all the reduplicate ones, for most Outlook users, that's an annoying and time-consuming task. But today, with Kutools for Outlook's Duplicate Contacts utility, you can quickly delete or move all duplicate contacts from your Outlook contacts folder at once.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To quickly delete or move all duplicate contacts in Outlook, you can get it done as follows.
1. Click Kutools > Duplicate Contacts in Contact group. See screenshot:
2. In the Duplicate Contacts dialog box, specify the Contacts folder that you want to delete duplicates, see screenshot:
3. Then click Next button to go the Duplicate Contacts-Setting wizard, in the first wizard, check the contacts fields criteria that you want to delete the duplicates based on, see screenshot:
Note: If you check Search all duplicates in selected Contacts folders option, the duplicate contacts within all selected folders will be searched. If you don’t check this option, the duplicates will be searched in their own contacts folder separately.
4. Go on clicking Next button, in the second wizard, please choose one option that you want to deal with the duplicate contacts from the Select a way to delete / merge the duplicate contacts section.
You can select Delete permanently, Delete (Move to “Delete Items” Folder), Move all duplicates (except the first one) to folder or Move all duplicates (include the first one) to folder as you need, see screenshot:
Note: If you choose Move all duplicates to folder option, you should select a contact folder to put the duplicate contacts by clicking the Browse button, see screenshot:
5. Then, click Next button, in the third wizard, please do the following operations:
(1.) You can back up the contacts as you need;
(2.) Specify the duplicate contacts result information after searching the duplicates in the Operation Result section;
(3.) Check or uncheck Display all contacts as you need. ( Uncheck will only display duplicate contacts)
6. And then click Next button, when you want to backup the contacts, a prompt box will pop out to remind you saving the original contacts as following screenshot shown:
7. Then click OK button, you will get the following results:
(1.) If you don’t check Search all duplicates in selected Contacts folders option in step 3, all duplicates in their own contacts folder will be searched out, see screenshot:
(2.) If you check Search all duplicates in selected Contacts folders option in step 3, all duplicates in the selected contacts folder will be searched out, see screenshot:
8. At last, click Execute button to start running this feature, and then all duplicates will be deleted or moved as you need.
Note: You can check Delete / merge the duplicate contacts directly option after configuring the settings first time, then click Start button to execute this feature at once, see screenshot:
100+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!