Quickly delete or move duplicate contacts in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
When importing contacts into Outlook from an excel spreadsheet or other applications, duplicate contacts may create in your contacts folder. Duplicate contacts crowded in Contacts folders will take up Outlook space. Here recommend the Duplicate Contacts utility of Kutools for Outlook. With this feature, you can easily delete, move even categorize duplicate contacts in selected Contacts folder(s) across different email accounts.
Let’s see how to apply the Duplicate Contacts feature to delete, move or categorize duplicate contacts in Outlook.
1. Click Kutools > Duplicate Contacts in Delete group (you can also click Kutools Plus > Duplicate Contacts to enable the feature).
Note: If there are multiple email accounts with large contacts folders in your Outlook, a loading contacts folder(s) window will pop up as the below screenshot shown. You can skip the current loading email account to increase the loading speed based on your needs, or just wait until all contacts folders are finish loading.
2. After finishing loading contacts folders, the Duplicate Contacts – Step 1(of 4) wizard pops up, you can see all Contacts folders are listed in the left box, please check the Contacts folder(s) containing duplicate contacts you will handle, and then click the Next: Select contacts fields for duplicate comparison button.
- 1. When selecting folders, you can right click the folder list for more quick options.
- 2. All selected folders are listed in the right box, you can delete, sort them as you need. And the contacts listing in the above folder will be priority to be retained when handling duplicates.
3. In the Duplicate Contacts – Step 2(of 4) wizard, please select contacts fields to filter duplicate contacts in the Please select Contacts fields for duplicate comparison box, and then click the Next: Select the fields to be listed in results button.
Note: If you check the Search all duplicates in selected Contacts folders option, the duplicate contacts within all selected folders will be searched. Otherwise, the duplicates will be searched in their own contacts folder separately.
4. In the Duplicate Contacts – Step 3(of 4) wizard, specify the fields to be listed in the results box, and then click the Start filtering button.
5. Then all duplicate contacts are listed in the Result list of the Duplicate Contacts – step 4(of 4) wizard. In this wizard, you can:
- 5.1) Expand a group, you can click a duplicate contact to preview its information in the Contact information preview box;
- 5.2) Choose a way to handle all listed duplicates in the How to deal with the duplicate contacts? drop-down list;
- 5.3) Click the execute button based on the way you select to handle duplicates. See screenshot:
Ways to handle duplicate contacts:
1. Delete (Move to the “Deleted Items” folder)
2. Permanent Delete
3. Move all duplicate contacts (except the first one) / Move all duplicate contacts (include the first one)
4. Add category
6. In the following popping up Kutools for Outlook dialog, click OK to close it.
Then all handled duplicate contacts are marked with a strikethrough in the Result list. Please close the Duplicate Contacts wizard to end the process. See screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.