Quickly remove or delete duplicate tasks in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Have you faced a problem that sometimes when you enter a task in Outlook, it creates two of the same tasks? And when you try to delete just one of the duplicates, it deletes both? If you are still confused about this, here is a useful add-in for you. Kutools for Outlook's Delete Duplicate Tasks utility helps you quickly remove duplicate tasks all at once in Outlook and just keep one.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
With Kutools for Outlook's Delete Duplicate Tasks utility, you can easily and quickly remove all duplicate tasks in a single or across multiple folders in Outlook and just keep one. Please do as follows.
1. Please shift to the Tasks view at first.
2. Then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Delete Duplicate > Duplicate Tasks. See screenshot:
2. In the Duplicate Tasks window, check the tasks folders you will remove duplicates from, and then click the Next button.
3. Now it jumps to the next Filter and process tab of the window, you need to:
- 3.1 Specify the task status in the Status of the tasks section;
- 3.2 Select the Filter Range as you need;
- 3.3 Select delete or permanently delete the duplicate tasks in the Duplicate tasks handling mode section;
- 3.4 Check the duplicate criteria you will remove tasks based on in the right pane;
- 3.5 Check the Show filter results box;
- 3.6 Click the Next button. See screenshot:
Note: If the Show filter results box keeps unchecked, all duplicate tasks will be remove immediately after clicking the Next button.
4. Now all tasks are displayed in the second Duplicate Tasks window, please click the Execute button to start the removing.
5. A Kutools for Outlook dialog box pops up to show you how many duplicate tasks have been removed, then click the OK button and close the Duplicate Tasks window.
1. As the first settings is saved for future use by default, next time when you enable the Duplicate Tasks feature, you just need to click the Start button to remove all duplicates without reconfiguring. See screenshot:
2. You can click the View other setting button in the Duplicate Tasks window to view the conditions you have specified. See screenshot:
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365