Quickly remove or delete duplicate tasks in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Have you faced a problem that sometimes when you enter a task in Outlook, it creates two of the same tasks? And when you try to delete just one of the duplicates, it deletes both? If you are still confused about this, here is a useful add-in for you. Kutools for Outlook's Delete Duplicate Tasks utility helps you quickly remove duplicate tasks all at once in Outlook and just keep one.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
With Kutools for Outlook's Delete Duplicate Tasks utility, you can easily and quickly remove all duplicate tasks in Outlook and just keep one. Please do as follows.
1. Please go to the Tasks folder which have multiple same tasks you want to remove.
2. Then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > Duplicate Tasks. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up Duplicate Tasks dialog box, go to the Filter Conditions bar:
A. To delete duplicate tasks with completely same subject, body, and start date, please check the Completely same.
B. To delete duplicate tasks with part of same contents, please check the Part of same, and then:
- To delete duplicate tasks with same subject, please check the Same subject;
- To delete duplicate tasks with same body, please check the Same body;
- To delete duplicate tasks with same start date, please check the Same start date.
Kutools for Outlook will filter and select duplicate tasks as soon as you specify the filter conditions.
(1) The Check All button will help you select all filtered duplicate contacts.
(2) The Inverse button will help you check unselected contacts but uncheck selected ones.
(3) Or you can manually select the duplicate tasks for deleting in the Duplicate Tasks dialog box.
4. Click the Delete button in the Duplicate Tasks dialog box.
5. Then a dialog box pops up and shows you the total deleted number of the duplicate tasks. Just click the OK button to exit the dialog box.
Note: If you are not in the Tasks folder, after clicking Duplicate Tasks, there will be a prompt box popping up to show you the correct operation. Please click OK to close the dialog and then go to the Tasks folder.
20+ Powerful Tools and Features for Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365:
Compatible with Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / Office 365 (32/64);
Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Windows Server 2003/2008, Citrix System and Windows Terminal (Remote Desktop) Server;
Free trial without feature limitation in 45 days!