Quickly remove or delete duplicate tasks in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
Have you faced a problem that sometimes when you enter a task in Outlook, it creates two of the same tasks? And when you try to delete just one of the duplicates, it deletes both? If you are still confused about this, here is a useful add-in for you. Kutools for Outlook's Delete Duplicate Tasks utility helps you quickly remove duplicate tasks all at once in Outlook and just keep one.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
With Kutools for Outlook's Delete Duplicate Tasks utility, you can easily and quickly remove all duplicate tasks in a single or across multiple folders in Outlook and just keep one. Please do as follows.
1. Please shift to the Tasks view at first.
2. Then apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Delete Duplicate > Duplicate Tasks. See screenshot:
Note: If the current account loading is slow, you can click the Skip the current loading email account button to directly go to the Duplicate Tasks window.
3. In the Duplicate Tasks window, check the tasks folders you will remove duplicates from, and then click the Next: Select Tasks fields for duplicate comparison button.
1). In this step, you can right click at the folder name to display the right-click menu for checking or unchecking all folders or subfolders quickly.
2). If you have used this utility and checked the filter criteria before, you can directly click Start filtering button to filter the duplicate task by using preceding criteria.
4. Now it jumps to the step 2 of the window, check the criteria you want to filter duplicate tasks based on, and then click Next: Select the fields to be listed in results button.
Note: If you want to compare the duplicate tasks in the selected forlders, check the Find duplicate tasks across the selected forlder(s) checkbox, otherwise, it compares the duplicate tasks in their own task folders separately.
5. In the step 3, check the fields you want to display for results, then click Start Filtering button to start filtering the duplicate tasks.
1). If you want to display the custom fields, check Custom option, then click User-defined button to select the fields in the Duplicate Tasks - Setting dialog.
2). Check Select duplicate criteria option to display the duplicate criteria you specify in last step for result.
6. Now all duplicate tasks have been displayed in the Duplicate Tasks window, you can select one task to view the information in the Task information preview section in the right pane.
7. To execute the duplicate tasks, you can do as below:
1) Deal with one duplicate group separately. If you want to deal with one duplicate group, right click at the group name, then in the right-click menu, choose one option as you need.
2) Deal with one task separately. If you want to deal with one task, right click at one task, then in the right-click menu, choose one option as you need.
3) Batch execute all duplicate tasks. If you want to execute all filtering duplicate tasks, go to the drop-down list of Duplicate tasks handling mode, then choose one option as you need, then click right button to execute the operation.
After executing the operation, a dialog pops out to remind you the operation is successfully completed, click OK > Close to exit the windows.
Note: If you just want to categorize the duplicate tasks instead of removal, you can choose Add Category option in right-click menu or from the drop down list of Duplicate tasks handling mode, then in the popping Color Categories dialog, choose the color you use or create a new category as you need, then Click OK. Now the duplicate tasks will be added category. Take attention, the Add Category feature will add the category color to all checked items, in default, all duplicate items including first duplicate are checked.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.