How to avoid/prevent downloading duplicate emails in Outlook?
Let’s say you receive duplicate emails every day, and it seems you can’t delete duplicate emails at all. How annoy it is! Actually there are numerous factors causing duplicate emails. Here we will talk about one of the factors: multiple email accounts configuring in Outlook. This article provides you with a trick of avoiding or preventing downloading duplicate emails caused by multiple email accounts configuring in Outlook.
Quickly search and delete duplicate emails in Outlook
With Kutools for Outlook’s Duplicate Emails feature, you can quickly find and delete them from multiple mail folders, or find and delete all duplicates from the selected ones with two clicks in Outlook. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Work Much Easier...
Avoid or prevent from downloading duplicate emails in Outlook
This section will walk you through configuring the Send/receive settings and prevent Microsoft Outlook from downloading duplicate emails from mail sever. Please do as follows:
1. Open the Send/Receive Groups dialog box: A. In Outlook 2010 or highflier versions, click the Send/Receive Groups > Define Send/Receive Groups in the Send & Receive group under Send / Receive tab. B. In Outlook 2007, click the Tools > Options, and then click the Send / Receive button under the Mail Setup tab.
2. In the Send & Receive Groups dialog box, click the Edit button.
3. In the new opening Send & Receive Setting – All Accounts dialog box, select the email count in the left bar, and then click the Account Properties button.
4. In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, go to the Delivery section under the Advanced tab, and disable the Leave a copy of messages on the server temporarily.
5. Click OK button to exit the dialog box. After you configuring the accounts’ setting, it will automatically avoid downloading duplicate emails that caused by multiple email accounts receiving same emails.
Note: The above method is valid for POP3 email account type. If your Email account type is SMTP, for example the Gmail, you are not able to find the Delivery section under Advanced tab in the above Step 4.
hi everyone. I would like to know if I can stop receiving same email.
its better I explain.
at work we have departments, who have department email addresses, ex. finance would be finance@...; or accounting would be accounting@...
every employee has a personal email address which receives emails whenever their department's email is put in the email address line, but if someone puts my department's email address and also my personal one, I get the same email twice. I am also a part of multiple departments and can get the same email 3-4 times.
Is there a rule or other way to only get one copy of that email and put the rest elsewhere automatically?
You would really help me out if you know how to fix it.