How to add and use voting button in Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook’s Use Voting Buttons is a useful feature, which can help you create an easy poll, and help you collect your colleagues’ or friends’ decisions with email messages easily. This article is arranged to guild you add and use voting buttons in Microsoft outlook with ease.
First of all, we will show you how to add a voting button in your composing email message.
Step 1: Create a new email message:
- In Outlook 2010 / 2013, click the New Email button in the New group on the Home tab;
- In Outlook 2007, click the File > New > Mail message.
Step 2: In the Message Window, click the Use Voting Buttons button in the Tracking group on the Options tab.
Step 3: There are three kinds of voting buttons, please select one:
- Approve; Reject
- Yes; No
- Yes; No; Maybe
After you apply the voting button, there is a message of You have added voting buttons to this message. appearing above message header.
Note: the note message of adding voting buttons won’t show in Outlook 2007.
Step 4: Compose your message and send it.
There are a couple of methods to response the email message with voting buttons. The first method is to response the voting in Reading Pane directly.
Step 1: Select the email message with voting button, and show it in Reading Pane.
Step 2: Click the text of Click here to vote above the message header.
Note: In Outlook 2013, the voting message stays below the message header.
Step 3: In the drop down list, click one of response. In our case, click Vote: Approve or Vote: Reject.
Step 4: Then a dialog box pops up, just click OK.
If you need to edit your response, please check the Edit the response before sending option in the dialog box.
The alternative method is to response the voting after opening the email message.
Step 1: Double click the email message with voting button to open it in message window.
Step 2: click the Vote button in the Response group on the Message tab.
Step 3: Click one of responses in the drop down list. In our case, click Approve or Reject.
Step 4: In the pop up dialog box, click OK.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.