- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Lisa,
I am afraid there is no good way to do what you need.
How to extract/export Outlook contact group (distribution list) to Excel/CSV?
When you are using Outlook, you can easily export all contacts to Excel with Outlook Export function. But there is no feature for you to extract or export a distribution list to Excel in Outlook. In this tutorial, we will show you how to export distribution list as csv file and then import it to Excel from Outlook.
- Extract or export Outlook contact group (distribution list) to Excel/CSV (10 steps)
- Extract or export Outlook contact group (distribution list) to Excel/CSV (6 steps)
For exporting distribution list (contact group) as csv file and import it to Excel from Outlook, please do as follows.
1. In Outlook, shift to the Contact view, and open the contact folder containing the specified contact group.
2. Select the contact group you will export, and click File > Save As.
3. In the Save As dialog box, you need to (1) click to open the destination folder for saving the exported contact group; (2) Rename the exported file as you need; (3) Select Text Only from the Save as type drop-down list; and finally (4) click Save button. See screenshot:
Now the specified contact group is saved as a separate text file.
4. Launch Microsoft Excel, and click Data > From Text. See screenshot:
5. In the opening Import Text File dialog box, please (1) open the folder the specified text file is saved in, (2) specify All Files from the drop down list besides File name box, (3) select the specified text file, and then (4) click the Import button. See screenshot;
6. Now the Text Import Wizard pops out. Please keep selecting the Delimited option, and click Finish button. See screenshot:
7. Now the Import Data dialog box comes out, please specify the destination you will place the imported text file, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now you will see the specified text file is imported and placed at the specified range. See screenshot:
8. Click File > Save As in Excel.
9. In the opening Save As dialog box, please view below screenshot:
(1) Select the destination folder you will save the Excel or CSV file into,
(2) Name the file in the File name box,
(3) Select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) or Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) as you need from the Save as type drop down list,
(4) Click the Save button.
10. In the popping out Microsoft Excel dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
11. Close the Excel Application.
This method will introduce the Break Up (Contact Group) feature of Kutools for Outlook to split a contact group to multiple contacts, and then copy these contacts to Excel. Please do as follows:
1. In Navigation Pane, right click a contact folder, select New Folder from the right clicking menu, and then name the new folder as you need. (In my case, I named the new contact folder as K’s.)
2. Now copy the contact group you will export, and then pasted into the new contact folder. Keep selecting the pasted contact group in the new contact folder, and click Kutools Plus > Contact Group > Break. See screenshot:
3. Now in the Contact Group dialog box, select contacts you will break out, and click the Ok button; and then click the Yes button in the popping confirmation dialog box. See screenshot:
Now the contact group has been broken, and each member of this contact group has been saved as separate contact in the new contact folder.
4. Change the contact folder’ view with clicking View > Change View > List. See screenshot:
5. Select all contacts in the new contact folder with selecting any contact and pressing Ctrl + A keys simultaneously, right click these contacts and select Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
6. Create a new workbook in Excel, paste the list of contacts into the workbook, and save. (Note: If you need to export the contact group and save as CSV file, please save the workbook as CSV file.)
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThe example is simple if you want a distribution list. However, I want all the data for each contact in this distribution list (not just names and email addresses). We have too many contacts in our contact list so I only want a selected few. I created a group, however, your instructions above only provide names and email addresses. Is it possible to post instructions to get all the data from each contact in a selected distribution list?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI have the same problem as joyce and Matt111. I only see the name and email address of the group with no data about the group members
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoTotally doesn't work at all.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoI can export the Outlook Distribution list name to Excel or CSV file but it only lists the name of the file and not the contents. The file does not expand. How do I expand the file so that all the names/data is displayed?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThis didn't work for me. I just got a test file with the name of the DL, and the email address for using the DL.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHi Sandy,
Here are instructions on how to convert your DL to an excel so that you can easily cut and paste.