How to mark unread emails older than specific days as read automatically in Outlook?
If there are multiple unread emails in your Inbox folder, normally, you can apply the Mark All as Read feature to mark all unread emails as read emails manually. But, have you ever tried to mark unread emails which are older than specific days as read automatically in Outlook without setting it manually each time?
To auto mark all unread emails older than specific days as read, the following VBA code can do you a favor:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the below code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto mark unread emails older than specific days as read:
Private Sub Application_Startup() Call MarkOldUnreadEmailsAsRead End Sub Private Sub MarkOldUnreadEmailsAsRead() Dim xInboxFld As Outlook.Folder Dim xAccount As Account On Error GoTo L1 For Each xAccount In Outlook.Application.Session.Accounts Set xInboxFld = xAccount.DeliveryStore.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) Call Processfolders(xInboxFld) Next xAccount L1: Exit Sub End Sub Private Sub Processfolders(ByVal InboxFld As Outlook.Folder) Dim xItems As Outlook.Items Dim i As Long Dim xSubFld As Outlook.Folder On Error Resume Next Set xItems = InboxFld.Items For i = 1 To xItems.Count If DateDiff("d", xItems(i).ReceivedTime, Now) >= 15 Then If xItems(i).UnRead = True Then xItems(i).UnRead = False xItems(i).Save End If End If Next If InboxFld.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each xSubFld In InboxFld.Folders Call Processfolders(xSubFld) Next End If End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the number of days within this script: If DateDiff("d", xItems(i).ReceivedTime, Now) >= 15 Then to your own needed.
3. Then save and close this code window, since then, every time when you launch Outlook, all unread emails which are older than predefined days will be marked as read automatically at once.
Note: This code is only available to the default data account.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.