How to mark unread emails older than specific days as read automatically in Outlook?
If there are multiple unread emails in your Inbox folder, normally, you can apply the Mark All as Read feature to mark all unread emails as read emails manually. But, have you ever tried to mark unread emails which are older than specific days as read automatically in Outlook without setting it manually each time?
To auto mark all unread emails older than specific days as read, the following VBA code can do you a favor:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, double click ThisOutlookSession from the Project1(VbaProject.OTM) pane to open the mode, and then copy and paste the below code into the blank module.
VBA code: Auto mark unread emails older than specific days as read:
Private Sub Application_Startup() Call MarkOldUnreadEmailsAsRead End Sub Private Sub MarkOldUnreadEmailsAsRead() Dim xInboxFld As Outlook.Folder Dim xAccount As Account On Error GoTo L1 For Each xAccount In Outlook.Application.Session.Accounts Set xInboxFld = xAccount.DeliveryStore.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox) Call Processfolders(xInboxFld) Next xAccount L1: Exit Sub End Sub Private Sub Processfolders(ByVal InboxFld As Outlook.Folder) Dim xItems As Outlook.Items Dim i As Long Dim xSubFld As Outlook.Folder On Error Resume Next Set xItems = InboxFld.Items For i = 1 To xItems.Count If DateDiff("d", xItems(i).ReceivedTime, Now) >= 15 Then If xItems(i).UnRead = True Then xItems(i).UnRead = False xItems(i).Save End If End If Next If InboxFld.Folders.Count > 0 Then For Each xSubFld In InboxFld.Folders Call Processfolders(xSubFld) Next End If End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the number of days within this script: If DateDiff("d", xItems(i).ReceivedTime, Now) >= 15 Then to your own needed.
3. Then save and close this code window, since then, every time when you launch Outlook, all unread emails which are older than predefined days will be marked as read automatically at once.
Note: This code is only available to the default data account.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.