How to get a prompt or confirmation before sending emails in Outlook?
In many times, you have sent an email and realized that you miss something important, or something wrong appear in the email a few seconds later. How to avoid sending embarrassing email in Outlook? Actually you can re-confirm sending the email after hitting the Send button in Outlook. The method in this article can help you show the problem.
The following VBA code can help you to re-confirm email sending after hitting the Send button in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please double click to open the ThisOutlookSession code window, and then copy below VBA code into the code window.
VBA code: Get a confirmation before sending emails in Outlook
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim xPrompt As String Dim xOkOrCancel As Integer On Error Resume Next xPrompt = "Do you want to continue sending the email?" xOkOrCancel = MsgBox(xPrompt, vbOKCancel) If xOkOrCancel <> vbOK Then Cancel = True End If End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when you hit the Send button to send an email in Outlook, a confirmation dialog box will pop up as below screenshot showed. Click OK to send this email, click Cancel to keep composing the email.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoThe solution worked for me once but I couldn't get it to work for me again. Any suggestions how to do that?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoThis worked one time, after tha never worked again.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi There,
For some reason, mine, it works well only for one day. The codes don't seem to work anymore the next day, although those codes remained intact,
Anyone has such experience and know why?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoSeeing same issue, any desired solution?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoSame issue, it doesn't work for next day or after relaunching outlook, any solution?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, i've got the same experience. Not sure yet how to solve this, i'm very new to VBA.
Would like to hear from you if you found a fix.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello! Very useful and it works perfectly.
Is it possible to adjust the code so that it only pops up when there is an attachment? Similarly, is it possible to adjust it so it prompts the pop-up only when the message is sent externally (not to people of the company)?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi There
Is it possible to get a message to come up only when an attachment is present, and only when sent externally?
Thank you very much!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIf you want the pop-up to only happen when you send to several emails, i.e. >10, how do you do that?
Oh and thanks, it works like a treat.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoBuenas, me sirve pero me gustaría que solo me preguntara si se lo envío a determinados correos por si tengo que meter a alguno más.
Gracias de antemano!!