How to export Outlook email body text to Excel spreadsheet?
If you want to export the selected email body text of from Outlook to Excel spreadsheet, the method in this article can help you.
Please run the below VBA code to export selected body text of an Outlook email to Excel.
1. Open the email, select the email body you want to export to Excel spreadsheet, and then press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. And then copy below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: export Outlook email body text to Excel spreadsheet
Sub ExportToExcel() Dim xExcel As Excel.Application Dim xWb As Workbook Dim xWs As Worksheet Dim xInspector As Inspector Dim xItem As Object Dim xMailItem As MailItem Dim xDoc As Document Dim xShell As Object Dim xFilePath As String On Error Resume Next Set xShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set xFolder = xShell.BrowseForFolder(0, "Select a Folder:", 0, 0) If TypeName(xFolder) = "Nothing" Then Exit Sub Set xFolderItem = xFolder.Self xFilePath = xFolderItem.Path & "\" Set xItem = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection.item(1) If xItem.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub Set xMailItem = xItem Set xInspector = xMailItem.GetInspector Set xDoc = xInspector.WordEditor xDoc.Application.Selection.Range.Copy xInspector.Close olDiscard Set xExcel = New Excel.Application Set xWb = xExcel.Workbooks.Add Set xWs = xWb.Sheets.item(1) xExcel.Visible = False xWs.Activate xWs.Paste xWs.SaveAs xFilePath & "Email body.xlsx" xWb.Close True xExcel.Quit Set xWs = Nothing Set xWb = Nothing Set xExcel = Nothing End Sub
Note: In the code, “Email body.xlsx” is the workbook name you will create with the selected email body text. You can change it based on you need.
3. Click Tools > References. Then check both the Microsoft Excel Object Library and Microsoft Word Object Library boxes in the References – Project dialog box. See screenshot:
4. Then a Browse For Folder dialog box pops up, please select a folder to save the workbook and click the OK button.
Now a workbook named “Email body” is created and saved into a specified folder. Open the workbook, you can see the selected email body text is exported to Sheet1 of the workbook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agothis work but in one email only what if in folder theres a multiple email thats need to be extracted in excel?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi the code only returned directly, into the excel and not the body of the email, may I know why was that??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agosame issue for me as well