How to automatically highlight specific keywords from incoming emails in Outlook
In Outlook, you may receive hundreds and thousands emails every day, have you ever wanted to auto highlight some specific keywords from incoming emails? In this article, I introduce a VBA code to automatically highlight the keywords you specify from incoming emails in Outlook.
No built-in function in outlook can handle this job except VBA.
1. Press Alt + F11 key to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Then double click ThisOutlookSession in left Project pane, and copy and paste below code to the new code window.
VBA: Auto highlight keywords in incoming emails
Public WithEvents GMailItems As Outlook.Items 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181106 Private Sub Application_Startup() Set GMailItems = Outlook.Application.Session.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox).Items End Sub Private Sub GMailItems_ItemAdd(ByVal Item As Object) If Item.Class <> olMail Then Exit Sub AutoHighlight_SpecificWords Item End Sub Sub AutoHighlight_SpecificWords(Mail As Outlook.MailItem) Dim xWord As Variant Dim xHTMLBody As String, xStr As String Dim xWordArr On Error Resume Next xWordArr = Array("Kutools", "Important") 'keyword xHTMLBody = Mail.HTMLBody For Each xWord In xWordArr If InStr(xHTMLBody, xWord) > 0 Then xStr = "<font style=" & Chr(34) & "background-color: yellow" & Chr(34) & ">" & xWord & "</font>" xHTMLBody = Replace(xHTMLBody, xWord, xStr) Mail.HTMLBody = xHTMLBody End If Next Mail.Save End Sub
Tip: in the code, you can change the keywords as you need in this script xWordArr = Array("Kutools", "Important") .
3. Then save the code and go back to Outlook，under Home tab, click Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts.
4. In the Rules and Alerts dialog, click New Rule under E-mail Rules tab, then in Rules Wizard dialog, click Apply rule on messages I receive.
5. Click Next > Next > Yes to go to the third dialog, check run a script from Step1 section, then click a script in Step2 section to enable Select Script dialog, choose this code Project1.ThisOutlookSession.AutoHighlight_SpecificWords. Click OK.
6. Click Next > Next, in last dialog, give a name for this rule.
7. Click Finish > OK to finish the rule.
From now on, the keywords you specified will be auto highlighted in the incoming emails.
Save or Export Multiple emails to other fomat files(PDF/HTML/WORD/EXCEL) in Outlook
|Sometimes, you may want to save or export the emails to a folder as other format files, such as PDF, Word or Excel files in Outlook. In Outlook, neither of the Save as and Export function can handle this job. However, Kutools for Outlook's Save as file utility can export multiple emails to a folder as files with multiple formats at once time . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.