How to auto create a task when sending email in Outlook?
Sometimes, you may need to automatically create a task of an email when sending it in Outlook. Here we are providing a method for you to quickly get it done.
With the below VBA code, you can create a task automatically based on a sending email in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Launch your Outlook, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy the below VBA code into the ThisOutlookSession code window.
VBA code: Auto create a task when sending email in Outlook
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) 'Updated by Extendoffice 20181123 Dim xYesNo As Integer Dim xPrompt As String Dim xTaskItem As TaskItem Dim xRecipient As String On Error Resume Next xPrompt = "Do you want to create a task for this message?" xYesNo = MsgBox(xPrompt, vbYesNo + vbInformation, "Kutools for Outlook") Cancel = False If xYesNo = vbNo Then Exit Sub Set xTaskItem = Application.CreateItem(olTaskItem) For Each Rcp In Item.Recipients If xRecipient = "" Then xRecipient = Rcp.Address Else xRecipient = xRecipient & vbCrLf & Rcp.Address End If Next Rcp xRecipient = xRecipient & vbCrLf & Item.Body With xTaskItem .Subject = Item.Subject .StartDate = Item.ReceivedTime .DueDate = Date + 3 + CDate("9:00:00 AM") .ReminderSet = True .ReminderTime = Date + 2 + CDate("9:00:00 AM") .Body = xRecipient .Save End With Set xTaskItem = Nothing End Sub
Note: The message recipients and the message body will be added into the task body automatically. The start date of the task is the sent date of the message, and the task will be due in 3 days. You will be reminded of the task at 9 am after one day. You can change them as you need.
3. Save the code and press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. From now on, when clicking the Send button in a new or a replied email window, a Create Task dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown, click Yes to send the email and create a task automatically, or click No to send the email without creating task.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.