How to auto create a task when sending email in Outlook?
Sometimes, you may need to automatically create a task of an email when sending it in Outlook. Here we are providing a method for you to quickly get it done.
With the below VBA code, you can create a task automatically based on a sending email in Outlook. Please do as follows.
1. Launch your Outlook, press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy the below VBA code into the ThisOutlookSession code window.
VBA code: Auto create a task when sending email in Outlook
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) 'Updated by Extendoffice 20181123 Dim xYesNo As Integer Dim xPrompt As String Dim xTaskItem As TaskItem Dim xRecipient As String On Error Resume Next xPrompt = "Do you want to create a task for this message?" xYesNo = MsgBox(xPrompt, vbYesNo + vbInformation, "Kutools for Outlook") Cancel = False If xYesNo = vbNo Then Exit Sub Set xTaskItem = Application.CreateItem(olTaskItem) For Each Rcp In Item.Recipients If xRecipient = "" Then xRecipient = Rcp.Address Else xRecipient = xRecipient & vbCrLf & Rcp.Address End If Next Rcp xRecipient = xRecipient & vbCrLf & Item.Body With xTaskItem .Subject = Item.Subject .StartDate = Item.ReceivedTime .DueDate = Date + 3 + CDate("9:00:00 AM") .ReminderSet = True .ReminderTime = Date + 2 + CDate("9:00:00 AM") .Body = xRecipient .Save End With Set xTaskItem = Nothing End Sub
Note: The message recipients and the message body will be added into the task body automatically. The start date of the task is the sent date of the message, and the task will be due in 3 days. You will be reminded of the task at 9 am after one day. You can change them as you need.
3. Save the code and press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. From now on, when clicking the Send button in a new or a replied email window, a Create Task dialog box will pop up as below screenshot shown, click Yes to send the email and create a task automatically, or click No to send the email without creating task.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.