How to auto forward email messages in Outlook?
When you are away on a trip and you don’t want your vacation being interrupted by Outlook emails but you still need to deal with this emails on time, now you need to forward your incoming messages to others and let them help you deal with it as soon as possible. This tutorial will show you several methods of how to auto forward email messages in Outlook.
- Auto forward email messages with creating rule in Outlook
- Auto forward email messages with Kutools for Outlook
- Quickly forward multiple emails individually with only one click
1. Please click Home > Rules > Manager Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. In Rules and Alerts dialog, under E-mail Rules tab, click on New Rule option.
3. Then a Rules Wizard dialog pop up. Under Start from a blank rule, select Apply rule on messages I receive, and then click Next to continue.
4. Selecting any condition allows you to forward the specific email that meets your requirement. But uncheck all the conditions, the rule will be applied to every message you receive. When you unchecked all the conditions, click Next then a prompt box will pop up, click Yes.
5. Now in the new Rules Wizard dialog box, please select forward it to people or public group option In step 1 section, and click people or public group in Step 2 section. See screenshot:
6. When a Rule Address dialog popping up, click your desired address and then click on To button (you can also double-clicking on the address to select it). Or you can directly type the email address in the To field. Finally click OK.
7. Now it returns to the previous window, and you can see the previous people or public group was replaced by your specified email address. Click Next to see the further information.
8. When an exceptions dialog popping up, select any exception that you would like to apply to this rule and then click Next. Tip: Most users leave the exceptions unchecked.
9. Now you get into the last Rules Wizard dialog box, please type a name for the new rule in the Step 1 box, check options in the Step 2 section, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
10. And now you get back to the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the OK button to close it.
The above setting rule method is complicated and time-consuming for many Outlook users. Here with the Automatic Forward utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can easily auto forward all emails when receiving in Outlook.
1. Please enable the utility by clicking Kutools > Forward > Rule Manager. See screenshot:
Note: If there has no auto forward rule existing, you can get into the Auto Forward Settings dialog box directly by clicking Enable Auto Forward.
3. In the Rules Wizard, please tick the specified conditions you will filter the coming emails, and click the underline value to specify the conditions as you need. In my case, I tick the with specific words in the body option, and then click the underline text of specific words to edit it. See screenshot:
4. Now the Text Contains dialog comes out. Click the New button to add the specified words as you need.
5. In the Search Text dialog, type in the specified word in the New Search Text box, click the Add button, and then Click the OK button.
Tips: To add multiple specified words, you can type one word in the New Search Text box, and click the Add button. Then repeat this operation to add other words one by one. After adding all words, click the OK button.
6. It will return to the Text Contains dialog. If necessary, you can click the New button to add other words as you need, and then click the OK button.
Tips: If you add multiple words in above Search Text dialog at the same time, the relationship between these words is "AND"; if you add multiple words by clicking the New button in the Text Contains dialog successively, the relationship between these words is "OR". See screenshot:
7. Now it goes back to the Rules Wizard, specify other condition as you need, and click the Next button.
8. In the second Rules Wizard, specify the exceptions or do not tick any exceptions as you need, and click the Next button.
10. In the last Rules Wizard dialog box, (1) type a name for the new forward rule in the Rule name box; (2) add notes for this forwarding rule in the Rule notes box; (3) click the Recipient button and specify the email address you will forward to in the opening dialog box; (4) In the Set rule options section, tick the running options as you need, and (5) click the OK button.
11. When it returns to the Auto Forward Settings dialog box, make sure the rule you created just now is checked, and OK button to finish the settings.
12. Now in the main interface of Outlook, click Kutools > Forward > Enable Auto Forward to run the rule.
And in the popping out reconfirming dialog, click the OK button.
Note: With Kutools for Outlook’s Automatic Forward utility, you can not only automatically forward all emails when receiving, but also automatically forward certain emails by special criteria such as email account, subject, and so on in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoCannot edit rule after making it up, have to delete rule and make a new one
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoIf I close Outlook and logoff my PC will this still work?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi,
Kutools works when Outlook running. If you close your Outlook, Kutools will work after your restart Outlook.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agowhen i activated forwarding form account"A" to account"B". but i always required to do login the account "A" then it start forwarding on account "B".
i need to do not login on account A and messaged by default forward on account B.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoUnable to forward email to others using (Outlook) msn.com Win 7.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThanks for the instructions, these really helped me a ton!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoHere are the instructions
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoKirk,
Some instructions on how to create a mail rule to forward to a home email address.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoIs there a way to this with Outlook 2007?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoMassages? You might want to do a little proofread.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years ago>
Proofread[b]ing[/b]? Glass houses, man. Just sayin'.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoDear Jeff D,
Thank you very much for the considerate correcting!
Best wishes for you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoforwarding email from outlook 2010