How to remove or delete duplicate contacts in Outlook?
Supposing you have a number of duplicate contacts in your Outlook Contacts folder, and now you want to clean up the redundant contacts to release the room, it is a boring job if you delete them one by one, and here I can talk about some useful ways for you to solve this problem.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
With this Sort function, you can sort the full name or email address, then select all the duplicate contacts you want to remove.
1. Go to the Contacts item and select the contacts folder that contains duplicate contacts.
2. Click View > Change View > Phone to list the contacts, so that you can easily scan the contacts and see the duplicates.
3. Then click Full Name column to sort the contacts information by name, and the duplicate contacts are put together. See screenshot:
4. And then hold Ctrl key and select each duplicate contact, after highlighting the contacts you want to remove, right click, and choose Delete from the context menu (or you can press the Delete key from the keyboard to delete the selected contacts). See screenshot:
5. Then all the selected duplicate contacts are deleted.
For the first method, you need to select the duplicate contacts one by one, and it's probable to miss some duplicates if you are not paying more attention to look for the duplicate one. But if you have Kutools for Outlook, with its Delete Duplicate Contacts function, you can remove the duplicates with ease.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Click Kutools > Duplicate Contacts.
2. In the Duplicate Contacts dialog, please check the contact folders you will remove duplicates from, and click the Next button.
3. In the Duplicate Contacts – Settings wizard, please check the contact fields you will remove duplicate contacts based on, and click the Next button.
4. In the wizard, please check the Delete (Move to the “Deleted Items” Folder) option, and click the Next button.
5. Still in the Wizard, please check the No backup option, and click the Next button.
6. Now all duplicate contacts are found and listed in the new Duplicate Contacts dialog, please click the Close button to close it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.