How to add hyperlinks to signature in emails in Outlook?
A hyperlink gives readers ability to easily follow to the web page you assign before. And message recipients may reach through your web site quickly, if you insert a hyperlink to your signature in email messages. This article is to help you insert hyperlinks to signature in Email messages in Microsoft Outlook simply.
1. Get into the Message window by creating a new email.
2. Click Insert > Signature > Signatures. See screenshot:
By the way, you can also find Message > Signature in the Include group.
3. In the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, select the name of signature you will add a hyperlink to in the Select signature to edit box.
Optional: If you want to create a new signature with hyperlinks, you can click the New button below the Select Signature to edit box. And then type a name for the new signature in the popping up dialog box. See the following screen shot:
4. In the Edit signature section, select and highlight the text you will add a hyperlink for, and click the Hyperlink button in the toolbar. See screenshot:
5. Then the Insert Hyperlink dialog box comes out, please enter the website address in the Address: box, and click OK button.
6. Now you can click the OK button in the Signatures and Stationery dialog box to finish editing.
However, if you want this edited signature with hyperlinks inserted in new messages and Replies / Forwards messages automatically, you have to configure the default signature as follow:
Apply a signature in every new message automatically: In the Choose default signature section, select the signature you want to apply in the New Messages: drop down list.
Apply a signature in every Replies / Forwards message automatically: In the Choose default signature section, select the signature from the drop down list of Replies/forwards:.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHi thereHow would I add hyperlinks to the images shown? A hyperlink for the facebook page on the facebook icon and the same for linkedin.These images are apart of the email signature design.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agois it possible to have a link like in the video as a place holder for future links? like Website and insert website everytime. my outlook will not let me edit the signature once it has been placed?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHi thereIs it at all possible to add more than one hyperlink to an email signature on Outlook?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHi,
You can add as many hyperlinks as you need in one email signature. However, one object, says an image, a piece of text can be added with one hyperlink.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoHi,The link appears underneath the image.I want to click on the image and then it should take me to the site.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoHi Nomfundo,
In the Signatures and Stationery dialog, you need to select the image first, then click the Hyperlink button, and finally add the linked to address. (See attached 01.png)
After creating or editing the signature. You can insert the signature in a new, replying, or forwarding email. In the message body, you should hold the Ctrl key and click the linked image simultaneously to open the specified webpage. (See attached 02.png)
By the way, if your recipients receive the email with linked image, they can directly click the image to open the webpage, without holding the Ctrl key.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you, thank you, thank you.