How to add and remove strikethrough to words in Outlook?
In Microsoft Word, you may use the Strikethrough feature and draw a line through selected text to indicate deleting or changing. Actually, the strikethrough feature works in Outlook too. And this article is a tutorial about how to add and remove strikethrough to selected text in Microsoft Outlook easily.
- Add and remove strikethrough to words in email message
- Add and remove double strikethrough to words in email message
It is quite easy to add and remove strikethrough to words in a composing email message.
Step 1: Select the text you will add strikethrough to in Message window.
Step 2: Click the Strikethrough button in the Font group on the Format Text tab.
Now the strikethrough is added to the selected text at once.
In addition to strikethrough, there is an alternative double strikethrough in Microsoft Outlook. And you can apply and remove it in an email message with following steps:
Step 1: Select the text you will add double strikethrough to in the Message Window.
Step 2: Click the Launcherat the bottom right corner in the Font group on the Format Text tab.
Step 3: In the Font dialog box, check the Double strikethrough option in the Effects section.
Step 4: Click OK button.
Then the double strikethrough is added to the selected text instantly. See the following screen shot:
To remove the double strikethrough from text, firstly select the text with double strikethrough, and then uncheck the Double strikethrough option in the Font dialog box, at last click OK.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWorks but when I sent the email double changed to single strike through.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoUnable to turn off double strikethrough effect in Outlook.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoseems to be striking every time i wish only to change colour frustrating
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years ago[s]happy smile sad eyes[/s]
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThanks, easy, I thought it wasn't posible, but I was mistaken... Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoSimple, easy to understand instructions. Great images, was able to implement quickly. Thanks!