How to turn on / off Check Spelling in Outlook?
Normally it checks words spellings in your email messages automatically when you are typing words in Outlook. However, sometimes special names or terms, for instance the name of your organization, are not recognized and marked as mistakes. Sometimes running the Check Spelling feature may also make your Outlook work slowing down. Therefore here is an easy tutorial about how to turn off or on the Check Spelling feature in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The first section is to turn on or off the Check Spelling feature in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013. You can do it as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Click the Spelling and Autocorrect button in the Compose messages section.
Step 4: In the Editor Options dialog box,
- To turn off the Check Spelling feature, please uncheck the Check spelling as you type option.
- To turn on the Check Spelling feature, please check the Check spelling as you type option.
Step 5: Click the OK buttons in both dialog boxes.
From now on it won’t check the words spellings in your email messages any longer.
As you know, it is classic view in the main interface of Outlook 2007, and you need to apply different steps to turn on or off the Check Spelling feature in Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, click the Spelling and AutoCorrection button on the Spelling tab.
Step 3: In the Editor Options dialog box:
To turn off the Check Spelling feature, please uncheck the Check spelling as you type option, and vice versa.
Step 4: Click OK buttons in all dialog boxes.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.