How to turn on/off auto capitalization in Outlook?
It is quite considerate to change the CApitalization to Capitalization automatically when you are composing an email messages in Outlook. Nevertheless, the Auto Capitalization is not needed in some cases. For example, you need to type a special term of ICBank, and it is not necessary to correct as Icbank. Here we will show your how to turn on or off the auto correct capitalization feature in Microsoft Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Here we will guide you to turn on or off the auto capitalization feature of two initial capitals, capital the first letter of sentences, name of days, and more.
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: Click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Click the Spelling and Autocorrect button in the Compose messages section.
Step 4: In the Editor Options dialog box, click the AutoCorrect Options button.
To turn off correcting two initial capitals, please uncheck the Correct TWo INitial CApitals option;
- To turn off auto capitalizing the first letter of each sentence, please uncheck the Capitalize first letter of sentences option.
- To turn off auto capitalizing first letter of table cells, please uncheck the Capitalize first letter of table cells option.
- To turn off auto capitalizing names of days, please uncheck the Capitalize names of days option.
- To turn off the correcting accidental using of caps lock keys, please uncheck the Correct accidental usage of cAPs LOCK key option.
To turn on the auto capitalizing or correcting capitalization, please check relative options above.
Step 6: It’s optional to click the Exceptions button to add exceptions of auto correcting capitalizing.
Step 7: Click OK buttons in each dialog box.
The following steps will walk you through turning on or off the auto capitalization feature in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: Click the Spelling and AutoCorrection button on the Spelling tab.
Step 3: Click the Proofing button in the left bar of Editor Options dialog box.
Step 4: Click the AutoCorrct options dialog box.
Then you can follow the same steps as those in Microsoft Outlook 2010 to turn on or off the auto capitalization feature in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoYardımlarınız için teşekkürler.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis solution is not working with my office 2010, I don't know what to do next
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI am using MS outlook 2010 & facing this problem. I followed the steps above, but I found the AutoCorrect options not active. what can I do to activate?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you that helped me so much, easy to follow.
Also do you know how to resolve following:
I have several contact lists. When I type email and click on address button only the Contact list with 3 people in shows
the tiny pull down bar only shows my email and not all the lists like in previous version. How can I correct this please?
thanks so much
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThank you so much! I have Outlook 2013 and it appears more fiddly to set up. Your easy way of describing helped me with a couple of things
I now have another new question:
I have several contact lists which in 2007 always showed up when I clicked on Address book icon when about to send an email. However, only the Contact list shows
up and I don't have many people in this. Since I often do mail out to people for work I am limited. Do you know how to resolve that also?
Thank you again