How to import and exports rules in Outlook?
Let’s say you have created rules in one computer, and now you want to copy these rules into another computer, or you want to import some useful rules from your colleagues or friends. How to do it? This article will show you how to export rules from Microsoft Outlook as an independent .rwz file, and import .rwz files of rules into Microsoft Outlook in details.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
The following steps will walk you through importing and exporting the rules in Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view with clicking the Mail in the Navigation Pane.
Step 2: Open the Rules and Alerts dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Rules & Alerts.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts in the Move group on the Home tab.
Step 3: Click the Options on the E-mail Rules tab. See the following screen shot:
If you need to export rules from Microsoft Outlook, please click the Export Rules button in the Options dialog box.
And then in the Save Exported Rules as dialog box, open a folder to save the exported file firstly; secondly enter a name for the exported file in the File name: box, and at last click the Save button.
If you want to import rules into Microsoft Outlook, please click the Import Rules button in the Options dialog box.
And then in the Import Rules from dialog box, firstly find out and select a .rwz file, and then click the Open button.
Step 5: Click the OK buttons in each dialog box.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.