How to change the default address book in Outlook?
Have you ever thought of changing your frequently used address book as the default address book in Outlook? After changing your frequently used address book as the default address book, when you open the address book, or click To, Cc, Bcc field when composing an email message in Outlook, it will automatically display the default address book. The following tutorial will show you how to change the default address book in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2007, you can to change the default address book as follows.
1. You can click the Address Book button on the Standard Toolbar.
Or you can also go to Tools tab, and then click Address Book… from the drop down menu. See screenshot:
2. When the Address Book: Outlook Address Book dialog pops up, click Tools > Options….
3. In the Addressing dialog, click drop down list under the Show this address list first section to select the address book that you want as default. And then click Apply or OK button to finish the setting. See screenshot:
4. And then close the former dialog, now your new customized address book will be automatically displayed when you sending a new email without choosing the address book manually.
1. In the Home tab, click Address Book in the Find group. See screenshot:
2. When the Address Book: Contacts dialog pops up, click Tools > Options….
3. In the popped out Addressing dialog, under the When Opening the address book, show this address list first section, selecting the address book from the drop down menu. And then click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
And the default address book has been changed to your need.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.