How to change the default address book in Outlook?
Have you ever thought of changing your frequently used address book as the default address book in Outlook? After changing your frequently used address book as the default address book, when you open the address book, or click To, Cc, Bcc field when composing an email message in Outlook, it will automatically display the default address book. The following tutorial will show you how to change the default address book in Outlook.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
In Outlook 2007, you can to change the default address book as follows.
1. You can click the Address Book button on the Standard Toolbar.
Or you can also go to Tools tab, and then click Address Book… from the drop down menu. See screenshot:
2. When the Address Book: Outlook Address Book dialog pops up, click Tools > Options….
3. In the Addressing dialog, click drop down list under the Show this address list first section to select the address book that you want as default. And then click Apply or OK button to finish the setting. See screenshot:
4. And then close the former dialog, now your new customized address book will be automatically displayed when you sending a new email without choosing the address book manually.
1. In the Home tab, click Address Book in the Find group. See screenshot:
2. When the Address Book: Contacts dialog pops up, click Tools > Options….
3. In the popped out Addressing dialog, under the When Opening the address book, show this address list first section, selecting the address book from the drop down menu. And then click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
And the default address book has been changed to your need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.