How to send a Word document as email body in Outlook?
When you have a Word document in hand and now you need to send this document to others, but you neither want to send it as attachment nor want to copy and paste the content into Outlook new email body. What would you do? Fortunately, Word has a build-in function called Send to Mail Recipient. With this function, you can easily send a Word document as email body through Outlook. Please look at the following tutorial.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
First of all, you need to add this Send to Mail Recipient button to the Quick Access Toolbar.
1. Open the Word document you want to send as email body. Then right click on the ribbon and select Customize Quick Access Toolbar from the list. See screenshot:
2. Then the Word Options dialog pops up. On the left section, select Quick Access Toolbar; And on the right side of the dialog, select Commands Not in the Ribbon under Choose commands from. And then scroll down the scroll bar to select Send to Mail Recipient from the list and then click Add >> button. Finally click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Now you can see the Send to Mail Recipient button has displayed on the Quick Access Toolbar. Click on the button.
4. After clicking the Send to Mail Recipient button, you will see the mail composing window showing under the ribbon. And the document name is automatically added as the email subject. Please choose your recipients and type in your Introduction of this message. And finally click Send a Copy to send this document.
And your word document will be sent to others as message body. You can go to your Outlook to make sure the document has been sent successfully.
Note: The Microsoft Outlook application must be installed in your computer.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI want to send email from a word document for each individual where there is an email as on field on the word document.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoMany employers ask for you to upload a pdf document on their website. I have Word on my iPad with the document I wish to send, how can I send the word document when the only options available when I hit upload is from the photo library??