How to save changes to attachments in messages in Outlook?
Supposing you received an email message with attachments, and now you want to change the attachments without saving them as independent files at all. How to deal with it? Actually Microsoft Outlook supports to modify attachments and save them in your email messages directly.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The following steps will guide you to change your attachments and save the changes in your email messages in Microsoft Outlook easily.
Step 1: Open the message that you will change its attachments with double clicking.
Step 2: In the Message Window, please click the Actions > Edit Message in the Move group on the Message tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
If you are using the Outlook 2007, please click the Other Actions > Edit Messages in the Actions group on the Message tab.
Step 3: Normally attachments stay behind the Message button. Click the attachment that you want to change.
Step 4: Now the Attachment Tools is activated, and please click the Open button in the Actions group on the Attachments tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013.
If you are using the Outlook 2007, open the attachment with double-clicking it.
Step 5: Now the attachment is opened. Make your changes in the attachment according to your needs.
In our example the attachment is an Excel workbook. When we open it, there is a warning above the working space. Please click the Enable Editing button.
Step 6: Save the modified attachment, and close it.
Step 7: Go back to the email message, please close this message with clicking the Close button at the upper-right corner.
Then a warning dialog box comes out as following screen shot shows. And please click the Yes button.
Up to now, you have modified the attachment and saved it in the email message in Microsoft Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.