Outlook: save or don’t save unsent messages as draft
Normally Outlook will automatically save message as draft after a period of time. But if you don’t want Outlook automatically save composing message as draft by default, how can we configure to disable the automatically save message as draft feature in Outlook? Here is the guidance for enable or disable automatically save message as draft after a period of time in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The first section is about how to configure the setting of automatically save composing message as draft in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar.
Step 3: Go to the Save messages section:
If you don’t want save composing email messages as draft at all, please just uncheck the option of Automatically save items that have not been sent after this many minutes.
Configure the period and destination folder for automatically save as draft
If you need to save composing email messages as draft, you can configure the composing period once you exceed, the composing messages will be saved as draft automatically, as well as the folder where the draft will be save into.
- Check the option of Automatically save items that have not been sent after this many minutes:
- In the minutes box, enter a number. For example you enter 3, it means the composing email messages will be saved as draft once you have composed the emails message for more than 3 minutes.
- Click the Save to this folder: box, and select a folder you will save the draft into.
This section will guild you to configure the settings of automatically save composing email messages as draft in Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Step 1: Click the Tools > Options.
Step 2: In the Options dialog box, please click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
Step 3: In the E-mail Options dialog box, please click the Advanced E-mail Options button.
Step 4: In the Advanced E-mail Options dialog box:
Do not save composing email messages as draft
If you don’t need to save composing email messages as draft, please uncheck the AutoSave items every: minutes option.
Save composing email messages as draft
- Check the AutoSave items every: minutes option.
- Enter a number in the box before the text of minutes.
- It is options to click the AutoSave items in: box, and select a folder to save the drafts in.
Step 5: Click all OK buttons in each dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoWhen I have started to compose an email - allow it to sit for 20 minutes or more, return and finish the email, press send - it sits in the outbox. This is the only time I have issues. If I compose, complete the email and send right away, no issues. I have tried turning off the "Save in drafts" feature, but it does not help. Any thoughts on how to correct the issue? I am using Outlook 365 and the email account is an imap account.