How to locate .pst or .ost files in Outlook?
Normally the outlook data files of .pst or .ost are hidden deeply in your computer. Not only defaulted Outlook data files generate by themselves and save in a strange folder, users can also open .pst files or .ost files from special folders in Outlook. Therefore, it drives users puzzle to locate those .pst files or .ost files in a short time easily. Actually there are a couple of tricks to help you locate the .pst files or .ost files at once.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The easiest trick to locate .pst files or .ost files is with right-clicking in the Navigation Pane.
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view with clicking the Mail in the Navigation Pane.
Step 2: Right click the root folder of an email account, and then click the Open File location in the right-clicking menu.
In Outlook 2007, please click the Open Outlook Data File in the right-clicking menu instead.
Then the folder containing the .pst or .ost file of specified email account will be opened at once.
This trick will guide you to locate the .pst files or .ost files of email accounts from the account settings center.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, select and highlight the data file name on the Data Files tab.
Step 3: Click the Open File Location button (or Open Folder button in Outlook 2007).
Then it will open the folder that contains the specified outlook data file instantly, with highlighting the very .pst file or .ost file in the folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.