How to locate .pst or .ost files in Outlook?
Normally the outlook data files of .pst or .ost are hidden deeply in your computer. Not only defaulted Outlook data files generate by themselves and save in a strange folder, users can also open .pst files or .ost files from special folders in Outlook. Therefore, it drives users puzzle to locate those .pst files or .ost files in a short time easily. Actually there are a couple of tricks to help you locate the .pst files or .ost files at once.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The easiest trick to locate .pst files or .ost files is with right-clicking in the Navigation Pane.
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view with clicking the Mail in the Navigation Pane.
Step 2: Right click the root folder of an email account, and then click the Open File location in the right-clicking menu.
In Outlook 2007, please click the Open Outlook Data File in the right-clicking menu instead.
Then the folder containing the .pst or .ost file of specified email account will be opened at once.
This trick will guide you to locate the .pst files or .ost files of email accounts from the account settings center.
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, select and highlight the data file name on the Data Files tab.
Step 3: Click the Open File Location button (or Open Folder button in Outlook 2007).
Then it will open the folder that contains the specified outlook data file instantly, with highlighting the very .pst file or .ost file in the folder.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.