How to view grid lines between email messages in Outlook?
As you know, there are grid lines between email messages for separating in Microsoft Outlook mail list. Not only can you hide or display these grid lines, but also change grid lines’ styles. This is an easy tutorial to display, hide, and change styles of grid lines between email messages in mail list of Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To display, hide, or change styles of grid lines in mail list of Microsoft Outlook, please do it as following:
Step 1: Shift to the Mail view with clicking the Mail in the Navigation Pane, and then select the mail folder in which your will view grid lines between email messages.
Step 2: Open the Advanced View settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, please click the Other Settings button.
Step 4: In the Other Settings dialog box, please click the Grid line style: box, and select one of grid line style in the drop down list.
To hide grid lines between email messages, please select the No grid lines.
To change styles of grid lines between email messages, please select one of Small dots, Large dots, dashes, or Solid.
Step 5: Click all OK buttons in each dialog box.
Up to now, the specified style of grid lines has been changed between all email messages in the specified folder. See the following screen shot:
In Outlook 2010 and 2013, you can apply the view settings of specified folder to other folders with clicking the Change View > Apply Current View to Other Mail Folders on the View tab.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoIT just installed MS Office 365 - 2016 and it worked like a charm, thanks.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago[b]How long ago was this simple question posted? There is still no legitimate answer. Grid lines are invisible! [u]Why won't microsoft fix this serious inadequacy ?![/u][/b]
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago[b]How long ago was this simple question posted? There is still no legitimate answer. [u]Why won't microsoft fix this serious inadequacy[/u] ?![/b]
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago@Tony
Where do you change the Office Theme to black?