How to change the default appointment length in Outlook?
By default, when you create new appointments or meetings for a day or a week, the appointment length or meeting duration in Outlook is 30 minutes with the start time and the end time as following screenshot shown. If your appointment length or meeting duration is not 30 minutes per time, do you want to change the default appointment length for your needs? With this tutorial, you can easily change the default appointment length in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, you can change the default appointment length as follows.
1. Shift to the Calendar view by clicking Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
2. Then click View > View Settings in Outlook 2010/2013.
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View. See screenshot:
3. In the Advanced View Settings: Calendar dialog (Customize View: Date/Week/Month dialog in Outlook 2007), please click Other Settings. See screenshot:
4. When the Format Day/Week/Month View dialog popping up, select the appointment or meeting time length from the Time scale drop-down list. And then click OK button.
5. Click OK in the following dialog. And now the appointment length is changed to the time scale you have configured immediately. See screenshot:
Note: The changes of the time scale cannot work in the Month view.
Besides the above method, you can also change the appointment length or meeting duration by clicking View > Time Scale. And then select the time scale for your own needs.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoActually, in Outlook 2013/2016/365 if you go to "Options" - "Calendar" -"Calendar options" - "Default duration for new appointments and meetings" field - you can just simply toggle/choose between 30 minutes and up to 2 hrs ( in increments of 30 minutes).
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi, unfortunatly this solution doesn't work with Outlook 2016 for Mac. Do you know any solution for Outlook for Mac?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHey thats what we call a perfect blog. Very well explained with images
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI want to change the default duration of an appointment to 1 hour, but I do not want to change the time scale of the calendar. Can that be done?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Gitte,
There are two ways to that. One way via VBA where you program your own form (search for 50 minute meeting VBA), or via this add-in:
I am the developer of the add-in 4 Minutes (OML)
[quote name="Gitte"]I want to change the default duration of an appointment to 1 hour, but I do not want to change the time scale of the calendar. Can that be done?[/quote]
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI'm amazed that this is not already implemented in Outlook. Maybe Microsoft is secretly working on some sort of teleport gizmo so that you can come in time to the next meeting without having to leave early. (That workaround also implies toilets and coffee-machines in all meeting rooms).
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoAnd I am interested in changing it to 25 minutes, so people have time to get between meetings. How can I change the default to 25 minutes?