How to change the default appointment length in Outlook?
By default, when you create new appointments or meetings for a day or a week, the appointment length or meeting duration in Outlook is 30 minutes with the start time and the end time as following screenshot shown. If your appointment length or meeting duration is not 30 minutes per time, do you want to change the default appointment length for your needs? With this tutorial, you can easily change the default appointment length in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
In Outlook, you can change the default appointment length as follows.
1. Shift to the Calendar view by clicking Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
2. Then click View > View Settings in Outlook 2010/2013.
In Outlook 2007, please click View > Current View > Customize Current View. See screenshot:
3. In the Advanced View Settings: Calendar dialog (Customize View: Date/Week/Month dialog in Outlook 2007), please click Other Settings. See screenshot:
4. When the Format Day/Week/Month View dialog popping up, select the appointment or meeting time length from the Time scale drop-down list. And then click OK button.
5. Click OK in the following dialog. And now the appointment length is changed to the time scale you have configured immediately. See screenshot:
Note: The changes of the time scale cannot work in the Month view.
Besides the above method, you can also change the appointment length or meeting duration by clicking View > Time Scale. And then select the time scale for your own needs.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.