How to convert text to table or vice versa in Outlook?
Have you noticed that when you are composing an email message, some existing texts are needed to be converted to table or vice versa just for some special purpose? And do you know how to achieve this? With this tutorial, you can easily get it done.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you have the texts shown as below screenshot and want to convert them to table, you can do as follows.
1. In your editing email window, select the texts that you want to convert to table.
2. Then click Insert > Table > Convert Text to Table. See screenshot:
3. Then a Convert Text to Table dialog pops up. In this dialog, you can:
A: Configure the number of columns or rows under Table Size;
B: Specify the AutoFitbehavior as you need;
C: Specify the symbol which is used in your data to separate under Separate text at section. In this example, my data is separated by commas, so I check Commas option.
4. Click OK to start converting and close the dialog.
After converting, you can see the result as follows:
Besides convert text to table, you can also convert table to text in Outlook. The following section will show you how to convert table to text.
1. Select the table you want to convert to text in your composing email message, and then click Layout > Convert to Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Convert Table To Text dialog, select a specific mark or configure by yourself to separate the texts under Separate text with. In this case, I configure the “/” mark to separate the texts.
3. Click OK to start converting.
After converting, you can see the result as shown in the follow screenshots.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.