How to mark calendar appointment as private in Outlook?
If you are using exchange account and sharing its calendar with others in Outlook, all your calendar information will be read by others. But if there are some private appointments that you don’t like others to see, what can you do? Actually, you can mark these appointments as private in order to prevent people from reading them. For how to mark calendar appointment as private, please do as the following article shows.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Please get into the Calendar view by clicking Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
2. In the Calendar Navigation Pane, check your Exchange calendar box under My Calendars. See screenshot:
3. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, create a new appointment by clicking Home > New Appointment.
In Outlook 2007, click New > Appointment.
Note: If there are existing appointments that you want to mark as private in your Exchange calendar, double click to open it.
4. In the Appointment dialog, type in the detailed information to compose the appointment.
5. Then please click Private in the Tags group under Appointment tab. See screenshot:
6. Click Save & Close to save the appointment.
7. When others reading your shared calendar, your private appointment or meeting will not be read by other people and they will be shown as follow screenshot:
1. Don’t exclusively rely on this private command as people can also use programmatic method to access your calendar and read your private appointment or meeting if you permit them Read right.
2. Don’t grand Read permission to the people you don’t trust.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.