How to mark calendar appointment as private in Outlook?
If you are using exchange account and sharing its calendar with others in Outlook, all your calendar information will be read by others. But if there are some private appointments that you don’t like others to see, what can you do? Actually, you can mark these appointments as private in order to prevent people from reading them. For how to mark calendar appointment as private, please do as the following article shows.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
1. Please get into the Calendar view by clicking Calendar in the Navigation Pane.
2. In the Calendar Navigation Pane, check your Exchange calendar box under My Calendars. See screenshot:
3. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, create a new appointment by clicking Home > New Appointment.
In Outlook 2007, click New > Appointment.
Note: If there are existing appointments that you want to mark as private in your Exchange calendar, double click to open it.
4. In the Appointment dialog, type in the detailed information to compose the appointment.
5. Then please click Private in the Tags group under Appointment tab. See screenshot:
6. Click Save & Close to save the appointment.
7. When others reading your shared calendar, your private appointment or meeting will not be read by other people and they will be shown as follow screenshot:
1. Don’t exclusively rely on this private command as people can also use programmatic method to access your calendar and read your private appointment or meeting if you permit them Read right.
2. Don’t grand Read permission to the people you don’t trust.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.