How to attach files to meetings or appointments in Outlook?
It’s easy to attach files or documents in an email message in Outlook. Similarly, you can attach files or documents into appointments and meeting invitations too. Here we will walk you through attaching files to meeting invitations and appointments in Microsoft Outlook quickly.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
To attach files or documents to meeting invitations and appointments, please do as following:
Step 1: Create a new meeting invitation (or appointment) in Outlook:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the File > New > Meeting Request (or Appointment);
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the New Items > Meeting (or Appointment).
Step 2: Then you will get into the Meeting (or Appointment) window. There are three buttons to attach files on the Insert tab.
A. Insert individual files as attachments
If you want to attach individual files or documents in your meeting invitation or appointment, please click the Insert > Attach File.
In the popping up Insert File dialog box, search and select the documents that you will attach, and click the Insert button.
Then you will see that selected files are attached in the body of meeting invitation or appointment. See screen shot:
B. Attach Outlook items in your meeting invitation or appointment
If you want to attach outlook items into your meeting invitation or appointment, such as tasks, notes, or email messages and so on, please click the Insert > Outlook Item.
In the coming Insert Item dialog box:
- Click to open an outlook folder in the Look in: box;
- Select the item in the Items: box that you will attach;
- Specify one of attaching patterns in the Insert as section;
- Click the OK button.
C. Attach business cards in your meeting invitation or appointment
If you want to attach business cards in your meeting invitations or appointments, please click the Insert > Business Card > Other Business Cards.
In the popping up Insert Business Card dialog box:
- Click the Look in: box, and select an address book from the drop down list;
- Click to highlight the business cards that you will attach in the box below Look in:;
- Click the OK button.
Step 3: Compose your meeting invitation or appointment, and click the Send button (or Save & Close button).
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.