How to remove duplicate appointments from a calendar in Outlook?
When you import or share calendars of your colleagues, families, or friends into your Microsoft Outlook, duplicate appointments take place frequently. In this article, we will guide you step by step to remove duplicate appointments from a calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
To remove duplicate appointments from a calendar in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
Step 1: Open a calendar that you will remove duplicate appointments from in the Calendar view.
Step 2: Display all appointments in List view
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Events.
- In Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016, please click the Change View > List on the View tab.
Step 3: Change current view:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View.
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the View Settings button on the View tab.
Step 4: In the popping up Advanced View Settings: List dialog box, please click the Sort button.
Step 5: In the Sort dialog box;
- Click the box below Sort items by, and select the Subject from the drop down list;
- Click the box below the first Then by, and select the Location from the drop down list;
- Click the box below the second Then by, and select the Start from the drop down list.
- Click the OK button.
Note: In Outlook 2007, the Start column does not display by default. After finishing the Step 5, it will pop up a warning dialog box. Just click the Yes button.
Step 6: Then click the OK button in the Advanced View Settings: List dialog box.
Now all appointments are arranged by subject, location, and start time successively.
Step 7: Compare adjacent appointments, and click to select multiple duplicate appointments with holding the Ctrl key, and then press the Delete key to remove them.
Kutools for Outlook provides a number of handy tools to ease your daily work in Microsoft Outlook. It has released the Delete Duplicate Mails utility, Delete Duplicate Contacts utility, and Delete Duplicate Tasks utility. The developing of Delete Duplicate Appointments utility is under way, and this utility will be added in our future version.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.