How to remove duplicate appointments from a calendar in Outlook?
When you import or share calendars of your colleagues, families, or friends into your Microsoft Outlook, duplicate appointments take place frequently. In this article, we will guide you step by step to remove duplicate appointments from a calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
To remove duplicate appointments from a calendar in Microsoft Outlook, please do as following:
1: Open a calendar that you will remove duplicate appointments from in the Calendar view.
2: Display all appointments in List view
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Events.
- In Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016, please click the Change View > List on the View tab.
3: Change current view:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the View > Current View > Customize Current View.
- In Outlook 2010 or a later version, please click the View Settings button on the View tab.
4: In the popping up Advanced View Settings: List dialog box, please click the Sort button.
5: In the Sort dialog box;
- Click the box below Sort items by, and select the Subject from the drop down list;
- Click the box below the first Then by, and select the Location from the drop down list;
- Click the box below the second Then by, and select the Start from the drop down list.
- Click the OK button.
Note: In Outlook 2007, the Start column does not display by default. After finishing the 5, it will pop up a warning dialog box. Just click the Yes button.
6: Then click the OK button in the Advanced View Settings: List dialog box.
Now all appointments are arranged by subject, location, and start time successively.
7: Compare adjacent appointments, and click to select multiple duplicate appointments with holding the Ctrl key, and then press the Delete key to remove them.
Kutools for Outlook provides a number of handy tools to ease your daily work in Microsoft Outlook. It has released the Delete Duplicate Mails utility, Delete Duplicate Contacts utility, and Delete Duplicate Tasks utility. The developing of Delete Duplicate Appointments utility is under way, and this utility will be added in our future version.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.