How to remove email threads from Outlook quickly?
Sometimes, you may discuss with others via emails in Microsoft Outlook. For a long time, the response back and forth are many and redundant, because the last one includes contents of all replies. Here I will show you how to remove redundant email threads from Microsoft Outlook easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
The following guidance is about how to show all emails as conversations, and then clean up conversations quickly in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013.
Step 1: Click to open a mail folder that the email threads stay in.
Step 2: Check the Show as Conversations on the View tab.
Step 3: In the popping up dialog box, click the All mailboxes button or This folder button.
Step 4: Select the conversations that you will clean up from the mail list.
Note: You can select multiple conversations with holding the Ctrl key and clicking each one separately.
Step 5: Then Click the Clean up > Clean Up Conversation on the Home tab. See screen shot below:
- If you want to clean up all conversations in current folder excluding those in its subfolders, please click the Clean Up > Clean Up Folder.
- If you want to clean up all conversations in current folder including those in its subfolders, please click the Clean Up > Clean Up Folder & Subfolders.
Step 6: In the coming Clean Up Conversation dialog box, please click the Clean Up button. And in the following Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the OK button.
If exempts of cleaning up conversations exist in your Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, please do as following:
Step 1: Click the File > Options.
Step 2: In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Mail in the left bar, and then go to the Conversation Clean Up section.
Step 3: Check one or more exempt options as you need in the Conversation Clean Up section:
- If you want to keep unread threads when cleaning up conversations, please check the Don’t move unread messages;
- If you don’t want to clean up threads marked with categories, please check the Don’t move categorized messages;
- If you don’t want to clean up threads marked with flags, please check the Don’t move flagged messages;
- If you don’t want to clean up threads with digitally-signed, please check the Don’t move digitally-signed messages;
- If you don’t want to clean up threads with changes, please check the When a reply modifies a message, don’t move the original.
Step 4: Click the OK button to exit this dialog box.
Note: Microsoft Outlook 2007 does not support the Clean Up conversation feature.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.