How to view source code of html email body in Outlook?
Viewing source code gives you an opportunity of knowing the underlying html and the other server code existing in an html email body. With the following tutorial, you will learn how to view source code of html email body in Outlook.
- View source code of html email body in Outlook
- Easily view source code of an HTML message header with a cool tool
View source code of html email body in Outlook
In Outlook 2010 or later versions, you can view source code of html email body as follows.
1. Double click to open an html email message whose source code you need to view.
2. In the Message (HTML) window, please click Actions > Other Actions > View Source in the Message tab. See screenshot:
Tip: If you are using Outlook 2007, please click Other Actions > View Source.
After clicking View Source, a text document will be opened immediately with the source code of the html email body displaying inside.
1. This View Source function can only be applied to html email message, if your opened message is not html format, you can change its format by clicking Message > Actions > Edit Message to display the Format Text tab, under the Format Text tab, click HTML in Outlook 2010 or later versions
And if you are using Outlook 2007, please click Message > Other Actions > Edit Message to display the Options tab, and then click HTML under Options.
2. You can also view the source code of html email body by opening the message and put the cursor at the message body then right click, choose View Source from the right-clicking menu.
Easily view source code of an HTML message header with Kutools for Outlook
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Message Header Analyzer feature to view the source code of an HTML message header at ease.
Kutools for Outlook: Add more than 100 handy tools for Outlook, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Read More Free Trial Now
1. In your Outlook, click to select the HTML email whose message header’s source code you will to view, and click Kutools Plus > Message Header Analyzer.
2. In the Message Header Analyzer dialog, please enable the Source Data tab, and you will get the source data of message header of the selected HTML email.
Demo: view source code of html email in Outlook
Tip: In this Video, Kutools tab is added by Kutools for Outlook. If you need it, please click here to have a 60-day free trial without limitation!
Kutools for Outlook - Brings 100 Advanced Features to Outlook, and Make Work Much Easier!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.