How to disable suggested contacts in Microsoft Outlook?
By default, Outlook 2010 automatically adds the recipients you sent emails to in the Suggested contacts folder if the recipients were not saved in your Outlook contacts folder. After a long period of Outlook using, you will find that there are numerous useless email addresses staying in your suggested contacts folder. Then you have to manually clear this folder up. Disable suggested contacts is a good way for you to avoid Outlook keeping adding strange recipient’s emails addresses to the suggested contacts folder.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook 2010, you can disable suggested contacts as follows.
1. Please click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click the Contacts in the left bar, then uncheck the Automatically create Outlook contacts for recipients that do not belong to an Outlook Address Book box in the Suggested contacts section. Click the OK button.
3. After finishing this setting, when you sending emails to some strange recipients next time, their addresses will not be stored into the Suggested Contacts folder any more.
Note: There is no suggested contacts feature in Outlook 2007 and 2013.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.