How to disable autocorrect in Microsoft Outlook?
In Microsoft Outlook, you can disable the autocorrect function to avoid Outlook correcting what you typed automatically in the email message. Please follow the below steps.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, you can turn off the autocorrect function as follows.
1. Click File > Options in outlook 2010 and 2013.
In Outlook 2007, please click Tools > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box of Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Mail in the left pane, then click the Spelling and Autocorrect button in the Compose messages section.
In Outlook 2007, in the Options dialog box, under the Spelling tab, click the Spelling and AutoCorrection button.
3. When the Editor Options dialog box popping up, please click Proofing in the left pane, then click AutoCorrect options button in the AutoCorrect options section.
4. In the AutoCorrect dialog box, please go to the Autocorrect tab, then uncheck the Replace text as you type box. Then click the OK button.
5. Click the OK buttons in the following dialog boxes to finish the whole settings. And the AutoCorrect function has been disabled as you want.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoThese instructions lead me to nothing that makes sense. The instructions tell me to click on buttons that don't exist. My computer is a HP laptop that uses Microsoft and has Outlook email. I bought this computer early this month (February 2019) and I've already disabled autocorrect in the computer, but now I also need to disable autocorrect in the Outlook email and probably in every other activity where writing is done. I want instructions that mention buttons that do exist. I want autocorrect to be permanently gone from all of my devises. I want autocorrect to be irrevocably gone and impossible to ever bring back to any of my devices. I did not intend to be buying mandatory autocorrect when I bought my devices. Autocorrect in reality is Auto Sabotage since it completely changes my words to totally different words that have totally different meanings. I want no more excuses. I want it gone.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoTHANK YOU. This was driving me mad. And the way they have that selection set up, it doesn't even look like it's for shutting off autocorrect in general.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi, can anyone help me how I can turn off autocorrect when I type the letter i, it changes to capital I, and when I write Swedish worde like möte, it changes to mote... Our IT-department can not help me...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHow to disable the check spelling in the original message?
Every times, my reply has no error but the original message ( in reply of forward ) has a lot and the program is checking the spelling all the times.
I am desesperated
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.