How to remove To field in Message window in Outlook?
In some case, you need to send emails just with using the Cc or Bcc field recipients and keep the To field blank. But actually, you may use the To field by mistake and keep the Cc or Bcc field blank. The best way for avoiding this mistake is to remove the To field in Message window. The following tutorial will show you how to remove the To field in a Message window and save this message sample as an Outlook form for easily using in the future.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
For removing the To field in Message window in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Create a new email message.
2. In the Message window, please click Developer > Design This Form.
Note: If you can’t see the Developer tab showing in the Outlook ribbon, please click here to know how to show the Developer tab in Outlook.
2. In the Field Chooser dialog box, choose Address fields from the drop-down list, then drag the Bcc to the message header under Cc field. See screenshot:
3. Close the Field Chooser dialog box. And select the To field, press the Delete key to delete it from the message header.
4. Then click Publish > Publish Form.
5. In the Publish Form As dialog box, select Personal Forms Library from the Look In drop-down list, name the Form in the Display name box. Then click the Publish button.
6. Close the Message (Design) window without saving.
7. When you need to send email with no To field showing in the message header in Outlook 2010 and 2013, please choose this form by clicking Developer > Choose Form in the main Outlook interface. Select Personal Forms Library in the Look In drop-down list, then select the form you have created above. And finally click the Open button. See screenshot:
In Outlook 2007, please click File > New > Choose Form.
8. Then a new message is created. Please compose the email and then click the Send button to send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.